James Cook University’s MBA (Leadership) focuses on developing the skills and knowledge required by today’s aspiring and existing leaders in an ever-changing globalized world.
The program equips you to lead the next generation of emerging businesses and will develop the way you approach the management of people, organizations, and change.
The MBA (Leadership) program is made up of 15 core subjects and one (1) optional subject that can be selected from a list of Postgraduate Business, IT, Hospitality or Accounting subjects on offer at JCU Brisbane. Check the website for further details.
- C05119 Business Law
- LB5202 Marketing Management
- LB5203 Sustainable Enterprise
- LB5205 People in Organisations
- LB5212 Accounting and Finance for Managers
- LB5228 The Changing Business Environment
- LB5229 Economics for a Sustainable World
- LB5230 Managing Strategic Resources and Operations
- LB5231 Corporate Responsibility and Governance
- LB5233 Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- LB5235 Practical or Research Project
- LB5236 Comparative Global Business Systems
- LB5240 Cross-Cultural Leadership
- LB5241 Organisational Leadership
- LB5242 Value Creation Leadership
Choose any Level 5 subject.
Standard Trimester: 6 (2 Years)
Subject Total: 16
Fee per Subject (2018): $3,750
Total Course Fee (2018): $60,000
Academic Entry Requirements
Completion of a recognized and appropriate bachelor degree in any discipline.
National policy changes as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) mean that all master level programs will need to be of two years duration where a student does not have an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline. Students with an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline will be eligible to complete a 1.5-year master degree.
For JCU, duration of two years is equivalent to 16 subjects. At present most of the business masters by coursework programs are 12 subjects (1.5 years of full-time study)
Following a 3 year Level 7 qualification in a non-cognate discipline, the master degree must be 2 years in duration. If the Level 7 qualification is in the same discipline area they may be 1.5 years.
English Entry Requirements
If your native language is not English you generally need to demonstrate your English language proficiency by achieving a score in a test such as Academic IELTS or TOEFL or Pearson (PTE Academic) (see table below). Other English language tests may also be accepted as proof of English language proficiency.
If you have successfully completed two years full-time study in which the language of instruction was English may satisfy the English language requirement. To be considered, the study must have been undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of application. You will need to provide a certificate or statement issued by the Registrar’s office of that institution confirming this.
- IELTS: 6.5 (no sub-score below 6.0)
- PEARSON (PTE Academic): 64
- TOEFL ibt: 90 (minimum writing score of 21)
- TOEFL Paper: 570 (minimum test of written English score of 4.5)
- Cambridge: CPE (Grade C, score 45+), CAE (Grade C, score 58+)
- CEFR Level: B2/C1
An MBA (Leadership) qualiﬁcation lends itself to a variety of careers, and the substantial investment is almost certain to be reﬂected in increased earning potential. MBA candidates graduate with exposure to an array of business areas including; ﬁnance, human resources, operations, economics, and marketing. What this means for students are improved career opportunities. Furthermore, an MBA qualiﬁcation equips students with the knowledge and skills required to run their own business.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Management Consultant
- Managing Director
- Operations Manager
- Business Analyst
- General Manager
- Investment Banker
- Financial Manager