18 months | Credit Hours: 30
The University of West Georgia's Richards College of Business is a member of The Georgia WebMBA®. The Georgia WebMBA® offers highly qualified students the ability to earn an accredited Masters of Business Administration degree in a convenient and flexible online setting. As a WebMBA student, you will be able to build upon your current career success while also deepening your knowledge base and will be able to apply what you are learning at your workplace.
The Georgia WebMBA® consists of highly qualified professors from six University System of Georgia institutions, in which the University of West Georgia is included.
The program includes a two-day orientation held at the beginning of the program after which all class work is exclusively online.
This 10-course online Georgia WebMBA program typically takes five consecutive semesters (about 18 months) to complete. The courses are exclusively online. The learning objectives of the Georgia WebMBA program are the same as the face to face on campus MBA program.
Top graduate faculty from each school teaches the Georgia WebMBA courses. A single 2-day orientation held in Atlanta focuses on team building, program course-ware use, and interaction with program directors, administrators, and graduates.
Upon completion of the program, students receive the University of West Georgia diploma, similar to the campus-based programs.
We are fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB – International), the premier accrediting body for business degree programs.
Method of Delivery
- The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- The Richards College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International (AACSB-I).
Credit and transfer
- Total semester hours required: 30
- Maximum Hours Transferable into program: 6
A transfer credit evaluation will be completed by the UWG Transfer Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Course application to a program is subject to review by the department.
This program is offered entirely online. Though a student may choose to sign-up for a face-to-face elective or core course, one can earn this degree completely online.
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited university of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen. In addition, online courses and programs can mean a huge cost-savings in many non-evident ways: No more high gas charges. No childcare needed. The flexibility can allow one to maintain a job while attending school. Regardless of state residency, out-of-state non-resident students are not charged non-resident tuition for online course credit hours.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-Face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online courses are charged at the general tuition rate plus an eTuition rate BUT with fewer fees and no extra charges to non-residents.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, they will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For the cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Bursar's Office website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work-study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
- WMBA-6000 - Human Behavior in Organization
- WMBA-6010 - Managerial Accounting
- WMBA-6030 - Global & International Bus.
- WMBA-6040 - Managerial Decision Analysis
- WMBA-6050 - Strategic Marketing
- WMBA-6060 - Managerial Finance
- WMBA-6070 - Entrepreneurship-New Vent Anal
- WMBA-6080 - Management Information Syst
- WMBA-6100 - Operations and Supply-Chain Management
- WMBA-6110 - Business Strategy
Guidelines for Admittance
All applicants must complete the online Graduate Application. There is a $40 application fee.
To join the Georgia WebMBA, you will apply to one of our six affiliate schools. Each school reviews applicants based on published admissions standards for its campus-based MBA program. We will review your undergraduate GPA, GMAT score, and business foundation courses. Applicants also must have at least two years of professional business experience.
Program Specific Admittance Guidelines
- Complete the Online Application Form.
- $40.00 application fee
- Official GMAT or GRE scores
- One official transcript from all colleges and universities attended.
- Current Resume
Submit all documents to the Program Director:
Dr. Hope Udombon
Administrative Director of WebMBA & Graduate Academic Advisor
Richard College Office of Graduate Student Services
+1 678 839 5355
Note: WebMBA Program has an Immunization exemption.
- Analyze and evaluate courses of action using appropriate qualitative and quantitative tools in order to create value
- Recognize and evaluate the impact on business decisions of the ethical and social dimensions of business activities
- Formulate and assess integrated technology solutions to influence structures, processes, and techniques of management
- Analyze global economic environments, integrate multiple business components, and assess impact using a risk analysis
- Integrate multiple business functions across a broad range of situations by solving problems and making strategic decisions
- Apply team-development and leadership skills in group settings to produce, evaluate and present business decisions