The Master of Business Administration (Corporate Governance) is a specialised business training programme that focuses on corporate governance, transparency and accountability. The programme provides candidates with sound theoretical and practical understanding of corporate governance particularly on social accountability and reporting.
In addition, the programme gives candidates an understanding of behaviours and performance of different types of organisations, an appreciation of strategic issues facing an organisation and the policy formulation to address the challenges of business today. Candidates will able to participate in enhancement courses such as Project Writing Workshop and attend Lecture Series by industrial experts.
Candidates who successfully complete the MBA (Corporate Governance) will be admitted as Graduate of Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA), upon the fulfilment of MAICSA’s membership requirement.
They are also eligible for exemptions for Professional Examinations by Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS).
- Enhance corporate government and managerial skills
- Exposure to real consultancy experience
- Interact with industry-experienced facilitators
- Widen business networks
- Award with MAICSA’s Graduate status
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
Other entry criteria
An applicant is also required to possess a relevant score in one of the following English language examinations:
(a) a minimum overall score of 580 in TOEFL (paper-based) or 237 in TOEFL (computer-based) or 92 in TOEFL (internet-based testing);
(b) a minimum overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS;
(c) a minimum grade B in Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
(d) a minimum score of 980 in English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT);
(e) a minimum score of 500 in Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (Critical Reading);
(f) a minimum score of 22 in American College Testing Assessment (ACT);
(g) a credit in English 1119;
(h) a minimum credit C4 in SPM English Language / "O" level English Language;
(i) a minimum overall band score of 4 in MUET; or
(j) any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must meet the required English Language requirement before being admitted to the approved programme of study.
January, May, October
Program taught in: