The programme focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, corporate finance, business to business marketing, organisational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
This programme uses the traditional content and curriculum of MBA studies and is tailor-made for future leaders in private and public life. In the programme design, keywords are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Entrepreneurship Studies (6 ECTS)
- Economics, Financial Management and Accounting (18 ECTS)
- Corporate Governance, Management and Marketing (30 ECTS)
- Special Studies (36 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (24 ECTS)
Why this speciality?
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- According to Eduniversal Masters ranking, TalTech School of Business and Governance's MBA programme is among 10 best in Eastern Europe
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Co-operation with the Estonian corporate sector and state institutions (main partners are Swedbank, Bank of Estonia, SEB, Nordea, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc.)
- TalTech alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
Graduates are working as middle and leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TalTech School of Business and Governance. Their knowledge, skills, and experiences are recognized in diverse sectors; from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.
All graduates interested in scientific research can apply for PhD programme places at TalTech School of Business and Governance.
Programme specific requirements
At least 2 years working experience is required as a middle manager or specialist
- Aspects evaluated during the interview:
- Why have do you prefer MBA programme over other study fields?
- Why do you want to study International Bussiness Administration?
- Do you have any previous experience or connection to this field?
- What are in your opinion the most useful features of Business Administration academic program? Which subjects presented in the program are likely to be your favourite?
- What are your career plans for the near future? What about long-term career plans?
- Which of your personal traits and professional skills will be most useful when studying International Business Administration?
- How will MBA diploma acquired at TalTech will help you to achieve your goals?
- As you should be aware, acquiring MA degree requires writing a thesis. Which topic and why would you choose for your thesis?
- How do you feel about writing and academic work and reading a significant amount of academic literature? Is this something you can cope with and manage without problems?
- Grading scale: 0-100
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. The maximum score for the online interview is 100 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 51 points is admitted.