In order to stay on top, no matter how big or small the company is, a business manager is needed. If you wish to become a manager in multi-sectoral field or highest level manager in the field of regional economics, resource management or management processes, you can get it!
The study programme consists of compulsory courses, elective courses and practical training, that gives you:
- knowledge in business, resource management, management processes, finance and regional economics necessary for the acquisition of the latest achievements in the branch to attain theoretical and practical basis for obtaining the qualification of a higher level manager;
- understanding of different type management processes in a company, and to provide the acquisition of necessary knowledge in sectoral aspect;
- to develop and strengthen the research skills, use of different research methods;
- to arouse interest in research activities, and to find an opportunity to have a practical training in the presentation of research results.
The programme covers 1.5 or 2 academic years. In 1st semester general skills and abilities for manager of companies and institutions are acquired. In 2nd semester - specific skills of the profession and common professional skills whereas in the 3rd semester - communication skills and skills for the solution of the problem to be studied, application of these skills in the practice. The study program is completed with elaboration and defence of the Master’s thesis.
Bachelor’s degree obtained in the second level professional undergraduate studies or the second level professional higher education as well as Level 5 professional qualification acquired after graduating the Study Programme in the following groups of study programmes: Economics, Business, Management and Administration (the study programme of 1.5 years).
Academic Bachelor’s degree obtained in undergraduate studies or the second level higher professional education not related to the particular field of specialisation (the study programme of 2 years).
English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Career prospects and further studies
Our recent Master's graduates are:
- managers in agricultural enterprises;
- administrators in regional governing bodies;
- regional project managers;
- market research managers and analysts in the agricultural sector and processing companies;
- new enterprise owner/managers.
Master’s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective doctoral programme in universities in Latvia or abroad.
The division of the Study Programme total volume encompassing 90 ECTS or 120 ECTS is the following:
- Compulsory courses comprise - Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Business Planning, Organisation and Control, Business Legislation and Institutional Environment, Management of Resources, Strategic Management of Marketing, Resource Planning Systems;
- Elective courses - Regional Economics, Sustainable Development, International Economics, Strategic Management, Quality Systems, Production Output Management, Risk Management, Project Management, Financial Investment Management, Controlling, Management of Logistics Systems;
- Practical training and Master thesis.
Degree and qualification to be conferred
- to the holders of a professional Bachelor’s degree obtained in the second level professional undergraduate studies or the second level professional higher education as well as Level 5 professional qualification acquired after graduating the Study Programme in the following groups of study programmes: Economics, Business, Management and Administration - a professional Master’s degree (MBA) in business management. Length of studies: 3 terms or 1.5 years (90 ECTS);
- to the holders of an academic degree obtained in undergraduate studies or the second level higher professional education not related to the particular field of specialisation - a professional Master’s degree in business management (MBA) and professional qualification Level 5 “manager of companies and institutions”. Length of studies: 4 terms or 2 years (120 ECTS).
Program taught in: