The MBA curriculum is designed to allow for innovative approaches to in-class learning and expands on the development of a real world skill-set that students can apply immediately to their emerging careers.
The MBA Structure is as follows:
8 Core Courses (24 credits)
- ACC 602: Global Financial and Managerial Reporting
- DS 602: Business Analytics
- ECO 606: Industrial Economics
- FIN 607: Financial Management
- LAW 600: Law, Ethics and the Principled Path in Business
- MGT 601: Managing for Global Success
- MKT 600: Decisions in Marketing Management
- RMI 601: Risk Management
1 Required Capstone Course (3 credits)
MGT 700: Seminar in Business Policy
3 Concentration Field Courses (9 credits)
Maximum Courses & Credits
12 Courses, 36 Credits (69 credits for the MBA in Accounting program)
Estimated Time to Complete
3 Years for part-time; 3 semesters for full-time
Admission to the Graduate Division:
All applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level. Applicants to the M.S. in Accounting program must have been an undergraduate business major.
In addition to the application form and non-refundable application fee candidates should submit the following:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended
- Official Graduate Management Admission test (GMAT) scores, taken within the last five years*
- Typewritten statement of professional goals
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English
- Students applying to the M.S. in Management of Risk, M.S. in Enterprise Risk Management and M.S. in Investment Management programs may submit the official results from either the GMAT or the GRE. The GRE is not accepted for admission to any other graduate program within the Tobin College of Business.
Applicants to the M.S. in Taxation program who have passed the CPA exam are permitted to waive the GMAT requirement.
English Requirements For F – 1 and J – 1 Visa Students:
Foreign students entering the Tobin College of Business with an F – 1 or J – 1 Visa must take the English Language Placement Test. If they are found to be deficient in the above, they must successfully complete the ESL (written and speech) program prior to beginning the second year of their graduate program. The exam is administered by the English as a Second Language Program.
Curriculum Practical Training for F-1 International Studentes (CPT):
Students enrolling in ACC605 or MKT699 have the opportunity to do a for-credit internship external to the university in the areas of accounting/finance or marketing. CPT is only available prior to the completion of your degree program and you must have an internship offer at the time of application. For further information, international students should contact the International Student Services Office, at ext. 5076.
Optional Practical Training for F-1 International Students (OPT):
Upon completion of final classes in satisfaction of degree requirements International Students may apply for OPT which allows students to stay and work in the United States for a period of one year. Students must apply for OPT within 60 days of completion of final classes. Further information is available from the International Students Services Office, ext. 5076.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017