The ESE MBA* takes a distinctive approach to business education and leadership by combining the most current business management theory with best business practices with a special focus on helping students to achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Ours is not an ordinary MBA…the ESE MBA transforms its graduates into visionary individuals and leaders prepared to live an enriched life and enhanced careers. If you are looking to expand the horizons of what is possible, acquire some thoughts and tools to take on your life’s journey, the first step is to enroll in the ESE MBA.
The aim of the ESE MBA programme is to provide an inter-disciplinary and integrative educational programme for individuals seeking to consolidate their managerial achievements to date and prepare for a career in senior management, ultimately at the highest strategic levels.
The programme is designed to expose programme participants to the latest thinking and practice across a wide range of management disciplines. Teaching materials are derived from cutting-edge academic research in order to develop critical powers of analysis and reflection, and practical and inter-personal skills in preparation for key leadership positions in industry, commerce and the public sector.
The MBA will equip students with an understanding of organisations, their management, and the changing global environment in which they operate. Students will build on their existing understanding of management and organisation within a framework that enables them to relate their business experience to contemporary management ideas and practices. This is achieved trough critical thinking, teamwork, creativity and personal development in a highly interactive and stimulating environment that encourages rigorous, relevant and innovative learning and research.
The key areas of specialisation for the MBA programme are:
- International Finance
- International Business
- Dynamic international learning environment with students from around the world, and originating from various business sectors
- Individual attention due to small class sizes
- Flexible format with full-time and part-time study
- ESE comprehensive and competitive international internship programme (optional)
- To facilitate the advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of key areas of management.
- To develop a career in business and management through the development of relevant skills at the appropriate level or to facilitate further research or study in the area.
- To facilitate the application of knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues through critical and analytical approaches to management theory, practice and research.
- To enhance the ability to evaluate management techniques, tools and models in a variety of contexts.
- To recognise the relationship between ideas and practices.
- To develop personal and interpersonal skills that is relevant to management and communicates the arising issues in written and oral form.
- To equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the appropriate level of post graduate award and continue their lifelong learning development.
It should be emphasised that the programme is an innovative process in professional development with a strong international unique component offering the students the opportunity to move between campuses each term thus enjoying an unrivalled learning experience.
The Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme is a 12-month full-time course. All of the ESE postgraduate master degree programmes are taught in English. The MBA at ESE has a standard 180 UK credit structure (90 ECTS credits). Completion of the MBA programme includes:
- full-time or part-time*, compulsory attendance
- final business project
- internship placement (optional)
4 core courses, common to all MBA students, regardless of specialisation, and part 1 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
4 core courses, common to all MBA students, regardless of specialisation, and part 2 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
4 specialisation courses in Marketing, International Finance, International Business or Entrepreneurship, and Part 3 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
Optional internship placement, typically three-months in duration and final business project.
ESE offers one of the most extensive and competitive internship programmes available today. The quality of the placement service is a result of the long established relationships that ESE has fostered with global companies for years. This means that students are given excellent opportunities to enter the job market and gain exposure. The internships are structured, evaluated and recognised as an integral part of the course of study and provide each student the opportunity to spend a period of time in a work environment consistent with the chosen specialisation.
ESE has an internship department in every centre responsible for maintaining close relationships with both students and companies, in order to offer each student the possibility of entering a company or an area of business which is of true interest.
The completeness of this preparation - a mix of academic excellence, internationality and work experience - allows ESE graduates to kick off their careers without hesitation, often in the same companies that hosted them for their internships.
The European School of Economics in London has its location in the very heart of the city and offers the double benefit of an intimate and highly personal classroom atmosphere amid a cosmopolitan backdrop featuring great diversity.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017