The ESE MBA takes a distinctive approach to business education and leadership by combining the most current business management theory with best business practices with a special focus on helping students to achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Ours is not an ordinary MBA… the ESE MBA transforms its graduates into visionary individuals and leaders prepared to live an enriched life and enhanced careers. If you are looking to expand the horizons of what is possible, acquire some thoughts and tools to take on your life’s journey, the first step is to enrol in the ESE MBA.
The aim of the ESE MBA programme is to provide an interdisciplinary and integrative educational programme for individuals seeking to consolidate their managerial achievements to date and prepare for a career in senior management, ultimately at the highest strategic levels.
The programme is designed to expose programme participants to the latest thinking and practice across a wide range of management disciplines. Teaching materials are derived from cutting-edge academic research in order to develop critical powers of analysis and reflection, and practical and interpersonal skills in preparation for key leadership positions in industry, commerce and the public sector.
The MBA will equip students with an understanding of organisations, their management, and the changing global environment in which they operate. Students will build on their existing understanding of management and organisation within a framework that enables them to relate their business experience to contemporary management ideas and practices. This is achieved through critical thinking, teamwork, creativity and personal development in a highly interactive and stimulating environment that encourages rigorous, relevant and innovative learning and research.
The key areas of specialisation for the MBA programme are:
- International Finance
- International Business
- A dynamic international learning environment with students from around the world, and originating from various business sectors
- Individual attention due to small class sizes
- Flexible format with full-time and part-time study
- ESE comprehensive and competitive international internship programme (optional)
The main aims of the programme then are;
- To facilitate the advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of key areas of management.
- To develop a career in business and management through the development of relevant skills at the appropriate level or to facilitate further research or study in the area.
- To facilitate the application of knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues through critical and analytical approaches to management theory, practice and research.
- To enhance the ability to evaluate management techniques, tools and models in a variety of contexts.
- To recognise the relationship between ideas and practices.
- To develop personal and interpersonal skills that are relevant to management and communicates the arising issues in written and oral form.
- To equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the appropriate level of postgraduate award and continue their lifelong learning development.
It should be emphasised that the programme is an innovative process in professional development with a strong international unique component offering the students the opportunity to move between campuses each term thus enjoying an unrivalled learning experience.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme is a 12-month full-time course. All of the ESE postgraduate master degree programmes are taught in English. The MBA at ESE has a standard 180 UK credit structure (90 ECTS credits). Completion of the MBA programme includes:
- full-time or part-time*, compulsory attendance
- final business project
- internship placement (optional)
- Part-time at ESE London is only available to British and EU students
4 core courses, common to all MBA students, regardless of specialisation, and part 1 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
4 core courses, common to all MBA students, regardless of specialisation, and part 2 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
4 specialisation courses in Marketing, International Finance, International Business or Entrepreneurship, and Part 3 of Leadership, Governance and Corporate Sustainability module.
Optional internship placement, typically three-months in duration and final business project.
Program taught in: