The MBA Programme at ESE is designed to develop the personal and professional strengths of the individual student. The entrepreneurial education received at ESE is intended to assist individuals in defining their professional dream and put them on a specially tailored career path.
This MBA aims to provide an interdisciplinary and integrative educational programme for individuals seeking to consolidate their managerial achievements to date and prepare for a career in senior management, ultimately at the highest strategic levels.
Key Components of the MBA Programme
- A choice of four specialisations – Marketing, International Finance, International Business and Entrepreneurship
- Full-time / part-time, compulsory attendance
- Three intakes per academic year – September, January and April – providing extra enrolment options
- The possibility of transferring between campuses in London, Milan, Florence and Rome on a per term basis
- Optional Internship
- Compact class sizes which help faculty cultivate a mentor relationship with students and provide the individual attention needed to discover their special skills and succeed in their chosen pathway
- The ESE International experience with students from around the world offers an invaluable opportunity to learn, network and make friends for life.
Graduates from the MBA programme possess:
- Strong analytical skills, capable of identifying and assessing strategic opportunities that may benefit an organisation in both the domestic and international market
- A solid understanding of the global business environment, trading systems, and geo and socio-political influences on investments, trade, and the economic landscape
- The flexibility and creativity are necessary to address challenges presented by a rapidly changing international business environment.
- Cross-cultural communication skills, capable of managing people, resources and information across cultural boundaries
- Engagement with extant theoretical and practical management literature and ideas that underpin management thought and practice
- A critical understanding of key areas of research in management and business studies
- An ability to understand how global-economic and technological influences shape the modern business world
- An understanding of the importance of key personal skills in management and their application in areas such as leadership, communication, presentation, and decision making
- Apply theories and concepts from the management literature and related disciplines to address managerial issues and problems
- Analyse and diagnose managerial problems and issues
The Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme is a 12-month full-time course. All of the ESE postgraduate master degree programmes are taught in English. The MBA at ESE has a standard 180 UK credit structure (90 ECTS credits). Completion of the MBA programme includes:
- full-time or part-time, compulsory attendance
- final business project
- internship placement (optional)
ESE's Internship Programme
At the European School of Economics, the internships at MBA level are structured, evaluated and recognised as an important part of the ESE philosophy and provides each student the opportunity to spend a period of time in a work environment inherent to the specialisation of his chosen course of study.
During phase IV students have the opportunity to complete an optional internship offered to students to fine-tune their career objectives, and build on their current experience. Placement periods are assessed by the ESE Placement Department and the supervisor assigned to each student within the host company, through an evaluation report on the student’s performance.
Working in collaboration with more than fifteen hundred leading international companies, including some of FORTUNE’S 100 Best Companies to Work For, the European School of Economics offers one of the most competitive university internship programmes available today.
Entrance into one of the MBA programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:
- Completed Online Application form
- A good first degree (second class honours or GPA 3.0 and above)*
- Resume / CV + Personal Statement
- Two Recommendation Letters
- IELTS 6.5 (176 – 184) TOEFL iBT 95; Pearson Test 58-57; Cambridge CAE grade B ; Trinity College ISE III.**.
Students have 90 days to complete the English certificate**
- Photocopy of Passport/ ID document
- Four photographs (passport-sized)
Applications arriving without the appropriate fee will not be considered.
N.B. All non-English documents must be officially translated
* Candidates who do not hold the required qualification but who are able to demonstrate relevant work experience in a managerial position or above for a minimum of 3 years will also be considered.
**Candidates who have completed their studies in the English language (at least 2 years) are not required to present a language qualification (TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson).
ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the TOEFL exam) vary by location: ESE London is 15977, ESE Rome is 11610, ESE Milan is 15974, ESE Florence is 15976.
Program taught in: