The first of its kind in Canada, SFU Beedie’s part-time, 24-month Management of Technology (MOT) MBA is rigorous business training designed specifically for tech. The curriculum is shaped by the needs of the technology sector, for the needs of the technology sector.
You’ll get firsthand industry experience and build a deep network of industry leaders. Ultimately, you’ll learn how to use technology to drive business—and vice versa.
Who's it for?
The MOT MBA is designed for working industry professionals who work in science and technology fields, within other functional areas in tech companies or have relevant previous experience.
The part-time format, spread over 24 months, means you don’t need to step away from your career. Attend classes in downtown Vancouver two evenings a week, plus on occasional weekends.
What you'll learn
Expect an intensive, yet manageable, curriculum designed for people with demanding careers and busy schedules. In our MOT MBA program, you will use customer-based research to inform product-development strategy and processes, develop project- and people-management skills, use financial analysis to make a business case for your projects, and much more.
Where it can take you
Some of our MOT MBA graduates go on to launch their own ventures. Others step into a more advanced role in their current organization. They all use technology in business in their own way.
Our MOT MBA is part-time so you can keep working while you study. This means you can take what you learn in the classroom today to work tomorrow. You can even bring your real-world business challenges into the classroom to tap into the experience and knowledge of your instructors and peers.
Most of your evenings and weekends will be free so that you’re able to maintain your work/study/life balance.
- 24 months, part-time
- Monday and Thursday evening classes, plus occasional weekends
- September start date
Photo courtesy of Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
At the heart of downtown Vancouver is SFU Beedie’s Segal Graduate School campus, a heritage bank reimagined as a 60,000 square-foot landmark housing classrooms, meeting rooms and study spaces.
It’s centrally located with easy access to public transit, which makes getting to and from class exceptionally convenient.
Plus, you’re surrounded by cafes, shops, and restaurants. It’s a neighborhood as vibrant as any.
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. A small number of applicants with extensive work experience may be considered without an undergraduate degree.
- We require a minimum GMAT score of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each section). GMAT exceptions are available.
- Applicants should have a minimum of four years of professional work experience following completion of an undergraduate degree. We give priority to applicants working in technology companies or technology roles.
- All applicants must be fluent in English. If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language through one of the two acceptable tests: TOEFL or IELTS.
- We are unable to consider applicants who are not currently working or have not been offered a full-time job in Vancouver or the surrounding area.
About the School
Since the creation of Canada’s first Executive MBA in 1968, Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business has emerged as a dynamic teaching and learning setting with a reputation for producing g ... Read More