Our innovative MBA is designed for ambitious business professionals – and recent graduates from any discipline – who don’t want to wait until they have extensive work experience before taking the first steps towards a management career.
Setting you apart in a competitive job market, you’ll graduate with direct experience from a three-month internship and the holistic business knowledge, capabilities and cutting-edge digital expertise demanded by today’s employers.
In the fast-moving global business environment, employers demand multi-skilled, digitally competent graduates with a sophisticated understanding of business and its changing context, one which cuts across the traditional business disciplines that include human resources, management and marketing. To succeed you need a ‘big picture’ approach. You must be capable of adapting to emerging business models, creating new enterprises, leading and managing people effectively and improving processes with digital solutions.
Responding to a shifting market, the Westminster MBA offers a practically oriented, cross-disciplinary, advanced education in modern business: it combines academic rigour, accelerated study, stimulating teaching approaches and practical business leadership experiences, including a three-month internship. We'll support you on your journey to becoming part of the next generation of successful business executives and entrepreneurs.
We’ll introduce you to the latest business methods and technologies in a way that more accurately reflects the corporate and entrepreneurial environment – through interdisciplinary, capability-building thematic modules, which span anything from innovation and design thinking to contemporary challenges, sustainability, management complexity, data analysis and finances. You’ll then apply your learning to practice-based business problems and live business projects and, in doing so, gain sought-after soft skills, such as creativity, critical thinking, personal agility, adaptability and resilience.
Recognising the growing importance of technology, and preparing you for careers in a 2020s digital world, we’ll examine some of the latest developments, including blockchain, big data, artificial intelligence, cloud technology, AR/VR, disruptive innovations, the growth of ecosystems and the sharing economy.
We expect our MBA graduates to go on to secure management and leadership roles in corporates, start-ups, SMEs, the public sector and non-profit organisations.
Top reasons to study with us
- This MBA is ideal for recent graduates and ambitious early-career professionals with the determination to pursue management careers.
- Become business-ready through intensive practical experiences and accelerated study.
- Three-month ‘Management in Action’ internship or project at home or overseas to boost your CV.
- Week-long international consulting project based overseas with a client company.
- Career development workshops and masterclasses enhance your global perspective and employability.
- Taught by staff with expertise in strategic management, entrepreneurship, design, innovation, marketing, consumer insight, social media, operations, digital business, psychology, human resources, organisational behaviour, economics, finance, management accounting and leadership.
- Exciting teaching and learning approaches with live case studies, simulations, role-playing workshops and hackathons.
- Engaging assessment methods, including simulations, business challenges, investigating briefs, group pitches and video presentations.
- Excellent facilities include an MBA Boardroom, digital classrooms and our state-of-the-art Bloomberg virtual trading room.
The MBA follows a strong narrative with a journey of discovery, beginning with a diagnosis of business problems/issues, the design of innovative solutions, immersion in digital applications and the development of drive, resilience and diplomacy as part of the student’s personal growth. In addition to the module assessment, capabilities learned are applied during the client projects for the Entrepreneurial Mindset, the International Study Consultancy and the Management in Action internship. You will study problem-solving and capability building modules for a total of 180 credits.
A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) in any discipline. Work experience is not required but is welcome. Successful students will demonstrate in their personal statement an ambition and capability to excel in management positions within large corporate organisations, small-medium enterprises (SMEs), or their own start-up enterprise. We may also interview applicants either in person or via Skype.
- Applicants are required to submit one reference.
- If your first language is not English you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing and speaking.
At the core of our forward-thinking MBA is its focus on preparing you for today’s fast-paced, technology-driven world of work, through a highly practical and experiential programme delivered in partnership with a range of ‘client’ organisations.
Taught in the heart of London, close to many of the city’s national, international and global employers, our emphasis on skills, capabilities and attributes – with multiple opportunities throughout the course to apply these capabilities to real business problems – will provide direct work experience to enhance your CV and narrative when applying for new positions. These applied projects and the final internship/project will not only expand your professional networks but directly enhance the prospects for early employability after graduation.
By focusing on business-ready skills, hard and soft, we expect a wide range of employers to be interested in our graduates. You will have the capabilities and confidence to adapt to a rapidly changing business world, one characterised by digitisation, hyper-competition, resource scarcity, volatility, complexity and continual business model disruption.
Westminster Business School is one of London’s leading centres for business education based in the heart of London and its political, media and financial services scene.
Staff who currently teach on this course have extensive professional experience, covering roles such as:
- a senior management consultant for McKinsey & Company
- a manager in Savoy Hotel Group
- export manager for Labaronne-CITAF
- deputy general manager of QSR Franchise Development Group
- an equity and structured finance analyst for Bergstrom Capital
This course will prepare you for roles such as:
- Business design lead
- Business development manager
- Business/Financial analyst
- CMS manager
- CRM manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital product owner
- Management consultant
- Solutions architect
- Start-up entrepreneur
- UX manager
Graduates from the Westminster Business School have found employment at organisations including:
- Financial Conduct Authority
- Société Générale
- Standard Chartered
- World Economic Forum
About the School
The University of Westminster is a dynamic international education institution with a distinguished 175-year history. With three campuses in central London (Cavendish, Marylebone and Regent) and one i ... Read More