As an internationally-recognized business school, USC Marshall is proud to introduce the Master of Business Administration: a bold program that capitalizes on the potential of the online format and welcomes students into the greater Trojan Family that is more than 390k members strong.
The coursework of the online Marshall MBA provides students with the rigor and camaraderie they would expect of a top MBA program, pairing powerful virtual tools with a comprehensive curriculum. Every course is designed top-to-bottom specifically for an online format and led by several members of the Marshall faculty. Each class uses contemporary, real-world scenarios to help students develop abilities that today’s employers expect of executive-level leaders, including decision-making through metrics, efficient communication, and effective virtual and remote collaboration.
The program teaches students to become forward-thinking business leaders that can analyze a situation from diverse perspectives and create effective, practical solutions. Through a one-week on-campus residency, engaging video content produced at the USC Marshall in-house studio, and weekly, live class sessions conducted via webcam, students complete an integrated, flexible program that prepares them for successful business leadership in a technology-driven era.
Students must complete all of these courses to graduate from the program:
- GSBA-501 Role of the Manager (3 units)
- GSBA-505 Fundamentals of Business (10 units)
- GSBA-535 Opportunity Recognition and Implementation (9.5 units)
- GSBA-537 Managing Inside the Firm (9.5 units)
- GSBA-538 Managing Outside the Firm (9.5 units)
- GSBA-539 Business Environment & Leadership (9.5 units)
To be considered for the online MBA program, candidates must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Four-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.
MBA candidates must submit the following materials*:
- A completed Graduate Admission Application
- Official and unofficial academic transcripts. You are required to upload unofficial copies of your academic transcripts with your application in addition to sending official academic transcripts to USC. See below for more information
- Official GMAT or GRE score report. Scores are valid for five years. You must have taken the GMAT or GRE exam by the time you submit an application. We recommend uploading unofficial copies of your GMAT or GRE scores with your application in addition to sending official scores to USC. The codes for USC Marshall MBA programs are:
- GMAT: 389-9C-23
- GRE: 4852
Note: GMAT and GRE scores have proven to be helpful in predicting whether students are prepared for the rigorous study of an MBA program, particularly the quantitative and analytic parts of the program. Accordingly, the USC Online MBA program employs GMAT or GRE scores as one factor in assessing student preparation for study in the program. A completed application (including GMAT or GRE score) must be submitted before an admissions decision can be made. A few applicants may be granted a GMAT waiver. If you have any questions about the waiver requirements or process, please contact an enrollment counselor.
- One required essay as outlined in the online application
- An up-to-date professional résumé
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least one being written by a professional contact
- Application fee: $155
- International applicants (if applicable): official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report. Review the USC policy to determine if this requirement applies to you
- Interview via video web conference for final candidates may be required
About USC Marshall
Consistently ranked among the nation’s premier institutions, the USC Marshall School of Business is internationally recognized for its emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation, social responsibility, and groundbreaking research. Located in the heart of Los Angeles, one of the world’s leading business centers and the U.S. gateway to the Pacific Rim, Marshall offers its 5,700-plus undergraduate and graduate students a unique world view and impressive global experiential opportunities. With more than 80,000 members in their alumni community spanning 123 countries, USC Marshall students join a worldwide network of thought leaders who are redefining the way business works.
Online MBA Rankings, Awards, and Recognition
The Online MBA (OMBA) offered by the USC Marshall School of Business holds a top 5 percent ranking from U.S. News & World Report, tying for 12th place overall and earning a 2nd place for selectivity among more than 250 participants in the 2017 Best Online MBA Programs ranking.
The OMBA, introduced in 2015, has also earned these honors:
- 2016 Online Video Bronze (Education)
- 2016 People’s Telly Bronze (Online Video-Education)
Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- 2015 Best-in-Track (Institutional Strategies & Innovations information session)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 4, 2018