Why an MBA
Earning an MBA is hard work, but the benefits are well worth the effort. Some reasons you might consider an MBA program include:
- Advance your career
- Earn higher wages
- Start your own business
- Become a leader in an emerging field
- Gain networking resources
- Enjoy greater job security
Why an MBA at Ship
The John L. Grove College of Business Master in Business Administration degree program offers high quality and outstanding value. Our AACSB-accredited MBA program is designed to help you succeed in a rapidly changing global economy. Our graduate students find the Ship MBA reputable, affordable, and convenient. Our faculty are committed to teaching and helping you understand the business world and find your place in it.
Ship delivers its MBA degree program in two convenient formats:
- Ship MBA Evening: A full-time or part-time hybrid format designed for working professionals and offered at multiple sites, including Shippensburg University and Dixon University Center (Harrisburg).
- Ship MBA Online: A convenient, 100 percent online format that can be completed in one year (full-time) or two years (part-time).
- Business Analytics Concentration
- Finance Concentration
- Health Care Management Concentration
- Management Information Systems (MIS) Concentration
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) Concentration
To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Complete an online application
- Present a current resume
- Submit 500-word statement of purpose for pursuing an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose Shippensburg University
- Complete and submit the MBA Track selection web-form
- Score 450 or higher on the GMAT (or have five years of mid-level experience, including management experience)
- GMAT may be waived for Beta Gamma Sigma members. Verification is required. Send scanned documentation to email@example.com
- Qualifying GRE scores may be accepted by the department on a case-by-case basis.
Ship MBA GMAT/GRE Information
Applicants will be evaluated on grade point average, course content, work experience, job level, leadership ability, team skills, suitability of goals, and whether they graduated from an AACSB-accredited college. Applicants with less than 5 years of post-undergraduate professional experience, including some mid-level management experience, will be required to take the GMAT and achieve a score of 450 or higher or equivalent for the GRE. The school code when taking the GMAT/GRE is 002657. This will ensure that Ship receives a copy of your score. The MBA department will also accept a GRE general test score (taken within the past two years) for possible consideration of fulfilling the GMAT requirement. Please submit your GRE scores during the application process for the department to determine if your score meets the minimum requirement. Note: Beta Gamma Sigma inductees are now waived from taking the GMAT.
The John L. Grove College of Business, established in 1971, is one of the premier business schools in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Since 1981, our college has been internationally accredited by the most prestigious business-accrediting agency, AACSB International.
The Graduate Research Grant Program is designed to provide financial support to graduate students for research or scholarly activities related to their program of study to enable them to better understand the scientific process, experience discovery, develop their analytical and communication skills, and gain exposure to national ideas through the presentation of the results of their research at conferences. Our grant program has funded field and laboratory research as well as a computer application and software development. The Graduate Research Grant Program is funded by the School of Graduate Studies and the Institute for Public Service and Sponsored Programs.
About the School
The John L. Grove College of Business, established in 1971, is one of the premier business schools in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Since 1981, our college has been internationally accredited by the most p ... Read More