The WBS MBA programme, accredited by the Association of MBAs is the School’s flagship academic programme and is renowned the world over. The programme uses a combination of cutting-edge theory and guided practical application to develop the skills you need to be a great manager and leader both within Africa and also globally. You will develop your networks both through the other MBA students and also through interactions with organizations that you investigate as part of your group learning projects. The interactive learning experience will assist you to gain a heightened level of self-awareness and by so doing develop your interpersonal skills.
- One year full time or two years part-time
- Offered in three formats
- Full time – 08:30 to 16:30
- Part-time weekday – two evenings a week – 17:30 to 21:00
- Part-time Saturday - 08:00 to 15:00
- Part-time – Modular format – 10-day blocks (June Intake )
- Independent study/research component – choice of four types of projects
- Leadership Quest guided study on how to become the best leader you are capable of becoming
- Global study tour – a choice between local and international destinations. Please note this is compulsory.
- International exchange programme for students to study electives at international business schools
- Management & Financial Accounting, and Finance
- Economics for Business
- Technology and Operations Management
- Organisational Design and Development and People Management
- Critical Enquiry Skills
- Business Society and Collective Action
- Marketing in a Connected World
- Finance and Investment Decisions
- Business Integration
- Case Competition
- Electives Areas:
- Dynamic Economies and Innovation
- Managing for Sustainability
- General Management
- Leading Organisations
*Please note, electives will run when there are 25 or more students in attendance.
- 4-year degree (NQF 8) OR 3-year degree plus PG-Dip (NQF 8)
- Post-university work experience: A minimum of 3 years for the full-time programme, 4 years for the part-time programme
- Acceptable GMAT, NMAT score OR APIL test. For booking the APIL test, contact Helen Martins on 011 717 3928 or TestBookings.email@example.com
- Mathematics: A level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the SA Matriculation certificate
- SAQA Evaluation (International qualifications only) prior to application. SAQA Helpdesk: 012 431-5070 or go to http://www.saqa.org.za
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) candidates is required to write the NMAT test. Visit http://www.nmat.org.in/africa/ for more information.
Global study tour
Part of the MBA includes a Global Study Tour. Students have a choice of going on an international study tour or a regional study tour. The cost of the international study tour is approximately USD 5 500 and the regional study tour approximately R31 000.
In the past, international study tours have included countries such as Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. Other popular destinations are in the East, including China, India, Singapore, and Malaysia. Further information on the regional study tour is to follow.
Please note, the tour is a compulsory requirement of the MBA. All students are obliged to participate in a study tour in order to graduate.
More information on quotations and information related to different global tours may be obtained from:
Tel no: +27 11 717 3857
- MBA Full-Time: 1 year
- MBA Part-Time: 2 years
- January Intake ( Applications open mid MAY 2019)
- Full-Time: 5 days a week, all day sessions from 08:30 – 16:30
- Part-Time Weekday: 2 evenings a week from 17:30 – 21:00
- Part-Time Saturdays: Saturdays from 08h00 – 16h30
- June Intake (Applications open 15 February and close 15 May 2018)
- Part-time modular format: 7 blocks of approximately 12 days each
Disclaimer: Cancellation of programmes by WBS
- WBS is entitled to cancel or change the date of delivery of a programme without notice and for any reason without incurring any liability to individuals who have applied or are enrolled on the programme or any funders of such individuals (“participants” or “funders of participants”).
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, and insofar as it possible, WBS will provide the participants or funders of the participants with 30 (thirty days) days written notice of any cancellation or changes in the dates of delivery of the programme.
- Insofar as the programme is canceled or rescheduled prior to delivery of the programme then in that event the participants and funders of the participants will not be charged the full programme fees.
About the School
Wits Business School is the graduate school of business administration of the University of the Witwatersrand, one of the top tertiary institutes in Africa. The School offers a variety of postgraduate ... Read More