Why Students Who Can Go Anywhere Come to McGill
With students from 150 countries, alumni living on every continent, and a reputation for excellence that reaches around the globe, McGill has carved out a spot among the world’s greatest universities. McGill University is located in the heart of downtown Montreal, only steps away from the city’s major landmarks, bustling cultural scene, and business core. Students can make the most of their experience, both inside the classroom and beyond.
#1 MBA in Canada and 48th in the World*
Taking advantage of McGill’s great international reputation, our students learn from classmates, from top professors from across the globe, and from our exceptional alumni, capitalizing on a rigorous academic education integrated with the real world of business. (*2018 Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education Ranking)
Experience the multicultural essence of Montreal
Montreal is one of the top 5 "Best Student Cities" in the World and #1 in Canada*
Our diverse group of accomplished students has journeyed from all over the world to study here in Montreal, a multilingual vibrant culture hub ranked in the top 5 best international student cities.
As Canada is a bilingual country, we invite you and your life partner to join us in Montreal, 3 weeks prior to the start of the program and attend our complimentary on-campus French classes.
*QS Best Student Cities, 2018
The Newly Redesigned McGill Desautels MBA Program
The all-new McGill Desautels MBA program has been created with a student-centric approach, which allows the ultimate flexibility in program length and specialization. Addressing issues of sustainability in the core of our new program provides a global perspective which will shape the world’s future leaders. Experiential Learning, Case Studies, Real Business Projects, Sustainable Practices, an International Study Trip, and more.
Flexible Length - Choose the length of journey that is right for you and your career:
- 12-month accelerated
- 16-month base
- 20-month extended program
*Internship can be completed in any term after the core
1 Laying Foundations
We work to ensure that all candidates enter the program with the same level of competency in basic quantitative skills:
- Business Math
- Financial Accounting
2 Integrating Disciplines (August-December)
A core structured around separate individual courses, integration modules, and professional skills which are designed to enhance your learning experience.
|Accounting||Operations||Integration Course I|
|Finance||Organizational Behavior||Integration Course II|
Leadership & Professional Skills
|Team Dynamics||Leading with Empathy|
3 Specializing (Begins in January)
Customize Your Path
Tailor the program to meet your professional learning objectives by selecting courses from our five key subject areas. You may graduate with up to two specializations.
- Global Strategy & Leadership
- Business Analytics
4 Experiential Learning
Broaden Your Horizons Through These Life-Changing Experiences
- 10-Day International Study Trip
- Expand your global understanding of business through company visits and networking events.
- Gain practical experience to further your career.
- International Exchange
- Study in one of the world’s top business schools through our exchange program.
- Choose to complete a specialized project under the guidance of an accomplished faculty member.
Personalized Career Preparation & Planning
- Benefit from one-on-one career coaching tailored to your needs.
- Gain personal insights through advanced psychometric testing.
- Connect with industry experts to help you navigate your career path.
- Enjoy comprehensive support throughout your MBA journey.
Grow your Own Professional Network
- Network in-person in Canada’s two largest job markets through a Faculty-led Toronto trip, Montreal career panels, recruitment fairs, and company visits.
- Expand your network through DesautelsConnect, a cutting-edge online platform.
- Engage with alumni and business leaders through various mentorship opportunities.
What’s Needed to Begin Your Journey
- 2 years minimum of relevant full-time post-graduate work experience
- Transcripts from undergraduate and other graduate degrees
- 2 professional letters of reference
- TOEFL or IELTS (when applicable)
- 3 essay questions
- GMAT or GRE
- Curriculum vitae
- Interview (by invitation)
Sample Class Profile
- 65-85 Exclusive cohort of students with access to personalized teaching & career development
- 28 Average Age
- 660 Average GMAT
- 21 Countries represented
- 35% Female
- 5 years of work experience on average
Gain Practical Experience Through Internships
100% of Full-Time MBA Students seeking employment were employed for an internship
Tackle the Job Market
90% Placement Rate within 3 months of graduation
Supported by dedicated coaches and industry experts, you will gain access to essential tools, networks, and resources that will help you develop career planning skills to attain your professional goals.
Given the recent suspension of activities at testing centers in China, effected students can meet English proficiency requirements for the MBA program by taking the Duolingo English Test (DET). Note that other requirements and deadlines are unchanged. Please read our statement for full details before applying. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team.
Applying to the MBA
You are about to make the right decision. The Desautels Faculty of Management MBA is designed for high-achieving, ambitious students interested in making a real change in their careers. McGill seeks talented applicants with strong academics, leadership skills, and managerial potential.
Admissions criteria and decisions are based on the following components:
- An undergraduate degree and any further academic qualifications.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- In addition, applicants who completed their undergrad degree in a university where the language of instruction was not in English are required to complete the TOEFL or IELTS.
- A minimum of two years of relevant full-time work experience after completion of their undergraduate degree.
- The admissions committee will also carefully review your essays, extracurricular interests and letters of reference.
Only qualified applicants will be called for an interview with a member of the admission team.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Financial aid is made available through a large number of substantial MBA-specific scholarships and awards. In addition, the Faculty’s exclusive partnership with Desjardins Financial Group allows future students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents access to a line of credit up to $90,000 at the lowest financing rate in the country (prime).
Tuition (CAD): 2020 Entering Class
- Tuition: $98,000
- Tuition waiver for Canadians and Permanent Residents*: ($17,000)
- Net tuition for Canadians and Permanent Residents: $81,000
* Students who can prove that they qualify for Canadian or Permanent residency are given a fee waiver at the time of registration.
Expenses (Per Year; Estimated)
- Incidental fees*: $2,000
- Health and Dental Insurance: Canadian and Permanent Residents: $502
- Health and Dental Insurance: International**: $1,400
- Books and supplies: $2,000
- Accommodations (rent and food)***: $13,800
- Public transportation: $1,020
- Personal Expenses (coat, boots, etc.)****: $1,500
- Expenses (Estimated) Canadian and Permanent Resident: $20,822
- Expenses (Estimated) International: $21,720
Fees are subject to change each year.
*Estimated - Includes student services, society fees, computer fees, etc.
**Based on a single international student.
***Based on a single student, studying full-time. The estimated 12-month living expenses for a married student and spouse are higher.
****Expenses vary greatly with personal requirements and should be calculated on an individual basis.
Scholarships and Awards
Ask about our $2 Million+ in scholarships*
MBA students at the Desautels Faculty of Management have access to a wide variety of funding options, including merit-based scholarships and awards. All students are automatically considered for awards unless otherwise noted. Unless indicated, all awards are granted by the MBA Scholarships Committee. We are continually raising scholarship funds.
About the School
McGill University is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world.