Our AACSB-accredited M.B.A. program with a finance concentration puts you in the center of New York City—the world capital of finance and business. You’ll learn from experienced professors and top industry executives how to apply financial concepts, analyze financial data from multiple sources, and evaluate investment strategies. You’ll use cutting-edge financial technology that incorporates live market data to better understand corporate decision-making, portfolio management, and valuation of financial assets, including derivatives.
Upon the completion of our M.B.A. program, you’ll be able to:
- Utilize technology support systems to strengthen organizational decision processes.
- Conduct industry, company-specific, or environmental business analysis using appropriate data and informational resources to bridge the gap between abstract theory and practice.
- Identify and analyze country/region-specific contemporary business issues, and establish, support, and effectively communicate strategic recommendations.
In addition, M.B.A. graduates with a finance concentration will have the skills to:
- Apply financial paradigms and concepts that are consistent with the Level I curriculum of the CFA Institute.
- Compile, analyze, and synthesize financial and other relevant data from multiple electronic sources.
- Evaluate different investment strategies against the objectives of individuals and/or institutional investors.
Master of Business Administration, M.B.A, and M.B.A. with Finance concentration
- Hold a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Receive a minimum score of 6.0 (IELTS) or 79 (TOEFL IBT) for admission.
- You will automatically be considered for available scholarships upon admission.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), conducted by the Educational Testing Service, is not a requirement for admission but may be submitted towards the fulfillment of the M.B.A. admissions criteria.
The M.B.A. program consists of waivable and non-waivable courses:
- Students who have completed an undergraduate degree in the past five years may apply to transfer up to 18 credits of waivable courses. In order to waive a course, you must demonstrate that you have successfully completed an equivalent course at an accredited four-year institution prior to enrolling at NYIT. If a course is not waived, it must be completed as part of NYIT’s M.B.A. program.
- Up to nine transfer credits from an accredited graduate program may be granted to students for elective courses with a grade of B or equivalent.
Submit Required Application Materials
Once you apply online and pay the application fee, please e-mail the following supporting documents to the Vancouver Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of submitted application and application fee.
- Copy of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. Waivers and transfer credits for prior college work will not be awarded without official transcripts and submission of course outlines and descriptions.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores for international students.
- Resume or C.V. (1-2) and Statement of Purpose or Letter of Intent are strongly recommended for students applying for the M.B.A. program.
- Fall 2016: July 1, 2016
- Spring 2017: Nov. 1, 2016
Additional Information for International Students
- International students are required to pay a tuition deposit for the first semester before the issuance of an official letter of acceptance to NYIT-Vancouver's graduate programs. The amount is refundable only if the official proof of a Canadian Study Permit rejection is submitted.
- International students must maintain their full-time status by taking the minimum required credit hours per semester/year. M.B.A. students must take at least 7.5 credits per term (22.5 credits per year) and M.S.-INCS students must take a minimum of 15 credits each year.
Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
- International students at NYIT-Vancouver are eligible for off-campus and post-graduation work permits.
Canadian Study Permits
- Obtain a study permit from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is for applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Receiving a study permit may take several weeks, so we encourage you to apply in advance.
An NYIT degree is your passport to an exciting future in an in-demand field. Possible career opportunities for graduates with this degree include:
- Corporate finance executive
- Chief financial officer
- Financial consultant
- Hedge fund consultant
- Lending officer
Cost & Fees
Estimated Tuition Costs
- For students requiring 31.5 credits = $28,350 CAD
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Elective 9 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- For students requiring 49.5 credits = $44,550 CAD
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Electives 9 credits + Waivable core 18 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- Students pursuing MBA with concentrations are required to take 15 credits in the area of their concentration so their tuition fee will be higher.
- NOTE: NYIT Admissions Department will determine as to how many credits the student must take to complete the M.B.A.
*Amount does not include other college fees or the tuition fee for any pre-requisite or bridge courses that may be required. Such courses, if required, will be taken from one of NYIT’s partner institutions in Vancouver and tuition fees for those courses will be paid to that partner institution.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
Rooted in the Vancouver business world, NYIT’s respected Master of Business Administration program extends to locations around the globe. Learn to evaluate and improve operations, gain leadership through professional associations in Canada and the United States, and interact with professors and executives who share decades of industry experience.
A DEGREE THAT WORKS FOR YOU
- NYIT School of Management belongs to the 5 percent of business schools worldwide accredited by the prestigious AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Open to qualified students from diverse backgrounds, NYIT-Vancouver offers flexible course scheduling to fit your needs.
- Learn from highly qualified instructors who bring real-life experience to the classroom.
- Academic scholarships are available.
- Management, M.B.A.
- Finance, M.B.A.
THE NYIT VANCOUVER ADVANTAGE
- Connecting You to New York and the World
Complete your graduate degree in Vancouver or, if you wish, start here and continue at an NYIT campus in New York City or Abu Dhabi, learning new cultures and expanding your professional network.
- The Best of Both Worlds
NYIT’s master’s programs are accredited in the United States and have the written consent of British Columbia’s Ministry of Advanced Education, allowing you to pursue career opportunities elsewhere in Canada or globally.
About the School
Where better to earn your M.B.A. or Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Energy Management, or Instructional Technology than vibrant Vancouver? Our campus, located in the city center within close proxi ... Read More