MBA in Tourism - We Create the Elite of Managers!
The growing importance of specialized MBA programs for senior management means the necessity to develop educational offers which go beyond meeting the needs of the IT, HR and financial sectors.
MBA in Tourism is the first specialized graduate course in Poland, conducted entirely in English, which covers not only such classic MBA subjects as: leadership, ethics, accounting, marketing and management, but also explores contemporary and innovative strategies and trends in the tourism industry.
The MBA program focuses on pragmatic use of the above aspects for business projects developed not only in tourism - one of the fastest growing sectors in the contemporary business environment – but also in any other business sector.
MBA covers 5 semesters (20 months) and has practical credit framework.
Apart form traditional classes, the program also includes:
- online video-consultations on a one-to-one basis
- group projects, interactive classes in international group
- independent work under the supervision of an expert moderator
- a personal meeting with the American lectures, held at least once a year
Classes are held in English and are modular in structure, so that participants can easily combine studies and work, focusing on learning those aspects of the industry that interest them most and analyzing real-life business projects.
The program MBA has been based on three pillars – knowledge, competence, skills and attitude - which guarantee high quality professional competences sought after in the tourism industry. See the description of the three pillars below.
- The program syllabus has been developed jointly with our vastly experienced American partner, which ensures high quality knowledge transfer.
- Our tourism industry partners, invited to cooperation, conduct classes and actively participate in designing program syllabuses.
- A modular learning system allows students to create a study profile tailored to their individual needs as learners are able to choose fields of study that interest them most from the course catalogue offering a variety of subjects.
- The University College of Tourism and Ecology has, for years, been the best higher education tourism school in Poland, ensuring high quality teaching for its numerous students.
- Our students receive innovative educational materials.
- We provide our students with many opportunities to enhance their knowledge (quizzes, games, educational scenarios, etc.)
- The course is delivered by distinguished lecturers, including many recognized business practitioners in the tourism industry.
- Partnership relations between learners: knowledge exchange, networking, project teamwork – these are only some of the advantages of studying together in a group of experienced managers and learning most crucial skills in business.
- MBA students are program partners, which means that they decide on the areas of expertise that they seek to learn and develop their own projects.
- The use of interactive teaching methods including workshops, business case studies, panel discussions, encourages creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Thanks to our modern online platform, it is possible to contact the university from anywhere in the world.
- The course organization is based on a partnership approach to learners, who, throughout the course, can rely on the assistance of assigned group supervisors.
- MBA learners are specialists, selected in the recruitment process, who are determined to enhance their knowledge and share it with others.
- MBA students have the opportunity to regularly verify their knowledge and skills in their working environment as well as to get further assessment during classes.
Competences (brand, prestige)
As a result of the MBA course, learners gain high quality professional competences, ensuring managers a high reputation and professional prestige in their business environment.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017