The MBA Program in Tourism provides a general management postgraduate and post-experience education for those aspiring to or already at senior management level in tourism companies and organizations and equip them to perform effectively in managerial positions. Accordingly, the aim is not only to pursue an academic theoretical study, but rather to enable theory to apply in tourism companies practice such as programming, organizing and operation aspects of a tourism company. It is a degree which utilizes participants’ work experience, but at the same time instills new skills and provides new knowledge in a real-life business environment. Thus it will develop participants’ ability to make informed decisions about their practice, broaden and deepen understanding of business and management function and processes; foster skills of business research, analysis, synthesis and creativity so as to enhance decision-making and promote organizational well-being within the context of a continually changing and competitive business environment; encourage innovation and awareness of the role of information and technology in innovation; develop awareness of ethical, social, environmental and global issues affecting management decisions in tourism companies.
The MBA in Tourism is a distinctive Programme that encompasses the study of tourism market understanding, leadership, information technology, globalization, strategic planning, and related areas. The program adopts a holistic view of tourism, integrating commercial, technological, financial aspects, and leadership challenges. The Programme curriculum is designed to equip current and future tourism company leaders with the skills, knowledge, and tools they need to manage tourism business successfully.
The Programme will be delivered within 3 (three) semesters. During the 1st semester, 5 modules will be provided, totaling 30 ECTS, during the 2nd semester another 5 modules will be provided, totaling 30 ECTS and during the 3rd semester, 1 additional module will be provided, along with the MBA Dissertation, totaling 30 ECTS. The MBA Dissertation is obligatory and corresponds to 24 ECTS.
Graduates will be able to:
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to identify a complex business problem, generate and compare alternatives and develop a solution in the tourism sector.
- Select and implement the appropriate research skills and tools (information technology and / or quantitative analysis) to solve problems in the tourism sector.
- Integrate their functional knowledge in applied settings (e.g. case analyses, group projects, research papers).
- Demonstrate knowledge relating to the concept of value creation and the role played by each functional area of a tourism company.
- Define key components of the tourism business operating environment(s) and explain how these components impact organizational performance and decisions.
- Demonstrate highly effective oral communication skills in professional settings, including professional presentations and persuasive presentations.
- Produce scientifically substantiated professional environmental assessment reports in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Cooperate and work effectively with others within the context of multidisciplinary and culturally diverse environments of the tourism sector.
- Show the maturity, academic ability and expertise to be employed in the tourism industry straight after graduation.
The Course Structure of the Μaster of Business Administration in Tourism is as follows:
- MBA570 Operations Management & Human Resources Management
- MBA550 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MBA560 Marketing Management & Business Communication
- MBA580 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- DIST600 Introduction to Research
- MBA540 Financial Management
- TOUR520 Tour Operating Management
- MBA581 Business Strategy
- TOUR530 Hospitality Operations Management
- OR (Students have to choose one course out of TOUR 530, 540 or 560)
- TOUR540 F&B Management and Control
- TOUR550 Tourism Economics and Policy
- TOUR560 Transportation and Tourism
- TOUR510 Research Methods in the Tourism Sector
- MDIS600 Dissertation
About the School
Neapolis University in Cyprus is a young yet dynamic, fast-growing university operating since 2010 in the heart of the charming town of Pafos, on the west coast of the island of Cyprus, offering under ... Read More