This program is designed for graduate students, business professionals and sports enthusiasts, who want to specialize in this industry. Giving them the necessary tools and knowledge to master sports events, sponsorships, federations, and sports clubs. Our faculty members are active professionals in the sports management industry and they will also benefit from multicultural classes, sharing experiences with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Over the course of the program students will:
- Develop the communication and technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events.
- Manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
- Duration: 18 months
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Degree Awarded: Master of Business Administration Major in Sports Management and Marketing.
- Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
- Internships: We support students in gaining practical skills and networking opportunities through internships.
This program is designed to enable students to stand out in organization and communication skills, giving them the necessary tools to manage and market sporting events, teams, federation, and sports clubs. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Media Relations and Communications in Sports
- International Sports Federations and Organisations
- Sports Organisation - Strategic Management
- The Business of Football
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
- Sports Industry Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Product Management Director
- Gameday Operations Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Sports Marketing Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- 3 years of work experience or equivalent
- A 500-word written response to a business case study
- An interview with a representative from the academic team on their chosen campus. Their response to the case study will be discussed in the interview
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
- Reference letters from their former academic institution and from their current employer (if applicable)
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of accounting, finance, or economics. If prerequisites have not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum 60% on the self tests.
Fees and Funding
- Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
- Administration Fee: € 1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
- Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa
About the School
Geneva Business School is a leading institution that provides cutting-edge Swiss Quality Education. Taught in numerous campuses around the world, including major European cities such as Geneva and Bar ... Read More