The MBA in Sports Management and Marketing prepares candidates to manage sport marketing, financing, event promotion, communication, facility management, and development of sports branding. Candidates will be equipped to become effective leaders and managers in the sports industry.
Over the course of the program students will:
- Develop the communication and technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events
- Manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Media Relations and Communications in Sports
- International Sports Federations and Organisations
- Sports Organisation - Strategic Management
- The Business of Football
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
- MSports Industry Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Product Management Director
- Gameday Operations Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Sports Marketing Analyst
- Athletic Director
- Sports Agent
- Event Manager
- Marketing Director
- Social Media Manager
Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years work experience for MBA).
Official English exam results - IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70
If an official English exam certificate is not available we will consider proof of previous study in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Complete the online application form and upload the following documentation:
- Photocopy of all required academic diplomas and academic certificates obtained.
- One passport photo.
- Photocopy of valid passport/national identity card or permit.
- Introduction letter providing reasons for wishing to study on the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable).
- A 400-600 word essay. (Please refer to the application form for details).Reference letters. Minimum of 1 reference letter, maximum 2
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017