This program is designed for graduate students, business professionals and sports enthusiasts, who want to specialize in this industry. Giving them the necessary tools and knowledge to master sports events, sponsorships, federations and sports clubs. Our faculty members are active professionals in the sports management industry and they will also benefit from multicultural classes, sharing experiences with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Over the course of the program students will:
- Develop the communication and technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events
- Manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
- Duration: 18 months
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Degree Awarded: Master of Business Administration Major in Sports Management and Marketing
- Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
- Internships: We provide access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations.
This program is designed to enable students to stand out in organization and communication skills, giving them the necessary tools to manage and market sporting events, teams, federation, and sports clubs. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Media Relations and Communications in Sports
- International Sports Federations and Organisations
- Sports Organisation - Strategic Management
- The Business of Football
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
- MSports Industry Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Product Management Director
- Gameday Operations Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Sports Marketing Analyst
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Fees and Funding
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Program taught in: