The Direction and Management of sports entities is a differential challenge regarding the organization and management of any other type of organizations. Logically those responsible for the management of sports entities will need basic knowledge and skills related to strategic decision making, marketing, financial management and people management. But beyond all these competencies, they will need a thorough knowledge of idiosyncrasy, the rules of their own and the engines of change in sports entities.
From the management of a gym or a small local club to the management of a frontline football club in the international context, sports entities must ensure income guarantees , good financial management, adequate management of people with profiles diametrically different (from the caretaker of the institution, to the more or less professionalized management cadres, to the elite athletes).
Growth plans in the sports field acquire a new dimension that some experts have placed between the efficiency of management and the regulation of the passion for sport. The sport business , regardless of the type of organization or the specific sport, is based on three main pillars that need to be known, managed and expanded.
To the peculiarities and complexities of the world of sponsorship, sports results, audiovisual rights, the training of high-performance athletes, derived services ... have been added and new challenges related to the role of social networks, gambling are still emerging sports, the emergence of new users from the popularization and massification of certain sports practices.
In short, the direction and management of sports entities in the next decade will require professionals with a new and broad vision, with transversal competences, based on knowledge of the needs and possibilities of sports entities that grow and develop in a global and digital context.
The main objectives of this program are:
- Know the specificities of Sport Business, and understand the differences between different sports, countries and regions.
- Train students in strategic and management decisions in the sports industry.
- Understand the pillars of the sport business and delve into each of the sources of income, its business keys and the strategies to maximize its value.
- Develop growth plans of a sports entity, from the analysis of opportunities to ensuring the viability of the plan.
- Develop their managerial skills for the management of multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Understand the legal and ethical framework that governs the world of sport, as well as its implications in the business.
The MBA in Sports Management and Management is structured based on the following subjects that are integrated into a final Project, which provide the necessary tools to develop a professional career in the Sport Business sector.
- Sports environment and its global market
- Strategic direction
- Sports marketing and sponsorship
- Economic, financial and fiscal management
- The business in the sports venue
- Audiovisual rights in sport
- The digital business in sport
- Sports Performance Management
- Operations and business organization
- Law in the sports field
- Talent management and management skills
- Technology, information systems and digital transformation of sports organizations
- Optative subjects
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Sports transfer market
- Public policies in the sports field
- Organization and marketing of international sporting events (Paris)
- Final Master Project
Students who complete this Master can develop their professional career in the following management positions:
- Professional football clubs
- Clubs in other sports
- National or international sports organizations.
- Companies dedicated to the sports sector.
This MBA is aimed at high-spectrum university graduates, being recommended for the following profiles:
Graduates or Graduates in:
- sports science
- Business Management
Candidates who do not have a university degree can submit their application proving a minimum professional experience of 3 years in the sports sector, in positions of responsibility.
It will be, in this case, the Admissions department who validates the suitability of the candidate and its admissibility.
Classes are taught in Spanish. However, some materials and masterclasses are in English