The USciences Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business MBA is a specialized program focused on this $4 Trillion sector of the US economy. The program prepares graduates to move quickly into or advance within this sector. Our outcomes, as measured twice per year in an alumni survey, demonstrate that we have a proven record of success preparing graduates for their chosen careers.
Why Choose University of the Sciences?
Our faculty have deep real-world pharmaceutical and healthcare experience, and ours is a specialized program that offers specialized coursework that other MBA programs cannot. The program is ranked as Tier One by CEO Magazine.
90% of our faculty have significant senior experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. They bring knowledge, experience, and connections. 84% of our faculty have relevant doctoral degrees.
Alumni often find employment with pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, consulting firms, healthcare communities, medical device manufacturers, and diagnostic providers—companies like Merck, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Quintiles IMS.
93% of Alumni from 2004-2018 found jobs in the pharmaceutical and healthcare field. Many works in big pharma, consulting firms and marketing, and health communications firms.
- 52% made more than $125,000
- 38% made between $75,000 and $125,000
- 90% received at least one promotion or job change with salary increase (2004-2018)
- 69% received two or more promotions
Practical Experience Opportunities
International students in the MBA program may utilize an internship course to get valuable employment experience during their studies.
The program is comprised of 40 credits in 21 courses. Every student will receive the Graduate Discount, which will reduce the cost of tuition to $1,000 per credit.
We offer a number of Graduate Assistantships which allow students to earn a one-credit scholarship for every 3 hours of work per week in the department.
We require completion of core courses in accounting and finance, marketing and sales, strategy and general management.
We also offer two subspecialty course options – Pharmaceutical Research and Development, and the business of Medical Cannabis. Students must satisfy one or the other option. They may also take courses in the second option if they are satisfying the first.
You can find more specific information on the courses and structure of the program here.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three references
- Official transcript of college and graduate school work
- Personal statement
- No GRE/GMAT score required
- TOEFL 90 or IELTS 6.5
- Top 10 in the United States for salary after graduation (among colleges and universities with more than 500+ undergraduates enrolled [Dept. Of Education College Scorecard, Oct 2019])
- #1 in the United States for ROI 40 years after enrollment (among private colleges and universities across the country [A First Try at ROI: Ranking 4,500 Colleges, Georgetown University, 2019])
- Lower, fixed tuition–know the full cost from day one until graduation
- Hands-on undergraduate research and experiential learning as early as freshman year
- 7:1 student-to-faculty ratio, personalized attention from expert faculty
- Over 30 academic programs with 60+ student organizations in an urban campus
- Alumni include founders of six of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Founded as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America
- Located in Philadelphia, a major pharmaceutical, medical, technological and business hub
About the School
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on ... Read More