The MBA programmes of KBTU Business School are aimed at educating and preparing students for leadership positions. We encourage global vision and an understanding of transnational culture and develop students’ abilities to find creative and rational solutions to the challenges of doing business in today's complex interconnected world. Our graduates develop an awareness of how to effectively manage businesses of any size from a start-up to the transnational corporation and implement strategies that lead their companies to success.
Our MBA programmes are designed both for experienced practitioners aspiring to revitalize or change their careers and for young professionals aspiring to build their careers. The programme is structured to provide students with advanced business knowledge in various functional areas, cutting-edge leadership, and strategic-level decision-making skills and specialized knowledge and skills.
The MBA in Oil and Gas programme focuses on the understanding of the oil and gas industry and developing the specialized skills and knowledge necessary for a successful managerial career.
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 15 months
- Delivery mode:
- Distance Learning (in-person lectures if desired);
- 15 modules (12 months)
- Internship, Business Project and Comprehensive Exam (3 months)
- Starting date: September 2019
- Tuition fee:(Full programme) 2,750,000 KZT*
- Discounts are available for KBTU graduates and Diploma with honours holders
Advantages of KBTU MBA Programmes
- Curriculum with a solid foundation and specialized knowledge
- An international pool of faculty with high academic qualifications and professional experience
- Professional networking opportunities
- Study and work concurrently - integrating your experience and widening your business horizons
Bloomberg Financial Lab
- KBTU was the first university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by financial professionals in banks, investment companies, and corporate departments.
- The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty, and researchers advance using real-life cases, actual data and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and the world's corporate base.
- The cutting-edge capabilities of the Bloomberg Financial Lab help us prepare uniquely trained specialists and researchers ready to succeed in the variety of fields from banking to logistics to engineering.
The MBA in Oil and Gas programme focuses on the understanding of the oil and gas industry and developing the specialized skills and knowledge necessary for a successful managerial career. The specialized areas of study include the Geopolitics of Oil and Gas, Oil and Gas Valuation and Oil and Gas Asset and Project Management.
MBA in Oil and Gas Intended Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of the MBA programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the economics and politics of the oil and gas industry and the key role that the industry has played in shaping the economics and politics of the modern world;
- Apply an interdisciplinary framework and practical measures for the strategic analysis, critical estimations, and management of oil and gas assets in the oil and gas industry;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, concepts, and strategies of project management in the context of the oil and gas industry.
Specific course requirements for the MBA programme are as follows:
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)||4|
- Introduction to Business Strategy
- Business Communications
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Reporting and Management Control
- Marketing Management
- Business Research Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Globalization and Strategic Competitiveness (licensed from Harvard)
Oil and Gas Specialization
- Geopolitics of Oil and Gas
- Oil and Gas Asset Managemen
- Oil and Gas Project Management
- Oil and Gas Valuation
STEP 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 2019)
- Filled out an application;
- Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
- Resume (in English);
- 2 recommendation letters (in English);
- Motivation letter (in English);
- 6 photos 3x4;
- Identification Document (copy and original);
- Medical Reference №086-У + X-ray;
- Copy of the Work Record Book or other documentary proof of employment history (if applicable);
- Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable) or a copy of payment receipt for English test.
STEP 2: Main subject examination.(Aug , 2019)
About the School
KBTU considers its mission to provide high-quality education for future leaders in business and industry, to promote innovative technologies and research in the most advanced and prospective areas of ... Read More