Marketing is a central function in all successful modern organizations, regardless if they’re corporations, small or medium-size businesses, charities, and even in some government institutions. The importance of marketing in today’s society cannot be overstated; as technological advancements have made it easier for companies to find customers and markets in different parts of the world, marketing has become a complex activity that transcends the 4P’s; successful marketing is the key to the survival of many organizations.
Career options in marketing can also be very diverse. If you decide to make the leap and specialize your skills in this field, you can work for companies that engage in marketing activities such as brand management, strategic management, or new product development. Also, you can work for organizations that provide marketing services such as marketing research, advertising, public relations, or consulting.
This degree programme offers the possibility to get a double master degree with six partner universities (see full list below).
The goal of this program is to prepare students for senior marketing positions in a variety of organizations by developing their skills and knowledge in marketing, while also transferring ethical business values. This program, fully taught in English, will expose students to knowledge of marketing concepts and theories, and will also teach them how to apply these marketing concepts and theories in various organizational and industrial contexts. This program provides an optimal combination of courses in marketing theory, such as Consumer Behavior, Product Management and Design, Services Marketing, International Marketing and more, along with more qualitative courses such as Marketing Research, Marketing Metrics, and Price Management.
Students will have to take part in a marketing simulation in which their theoretical knowledge is tested as they assume the role of a marketing manager in a virtual company. Lecturers in this program include John D. Branch (University of Michigan, United States), Paul R. Murphy (John Carroll University, United States), Daniel Butler (Auburn University, United States), Patricia Loubeau (Iona College, United States), Thomas Baker (Clemson University, United States), Carlos Rodriguez (Delaware State University, United States), Tracy Tuten (East Carolina University, United States), Dominik Mahr (Maastricht University, The Netherlands), and others.
This program lasts for two semesters and culminates with the creation of a Graduate Thesis.
Duration of the program: 2 semesters, 60 ECTS credits.
Enrollment intakes: September and March
Course structure: Classes are held in cycles and in the afternoon, after 5 pm.
Admission requirements: Applicants must have a completed four-year professional or undergraduate university program, acquired 240 ECTS credits. However, candidates who have completed a four-year ‘non-economics’ program can also apply under the condition to take the pre-semester with following courses: Basics of Economics, Basics of Marketing, Basics of Business Finance, Basics of Management, Basics of Accounting.
Admission to the MBA program will be evaluated according to the following scales:
- Admission to the MBA program will be evaluated according to the following scales:
- Academic success in the undergraduate and graduate program – 30%
- Interview with a candidate – 30%
- 2 recommendations on academic or professional qualifications – 25%
- Motivation letter – 15%
This degree programme offers the possibility to get a double master degree with the following partner universities:
- IIBN Business School, International Institute of Business Networking, Study Consortium in Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA (degrees offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: MBA in Financial and Banking Management, MBA in Strategic Management, MBA in Public Administration, MBA in Oil and Gas Management, MBA in Tourism Management)
- Fu Jen Catholic University, College of Management, New Taipei City, TAIWAN (degrees offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: MS program in Management, MS program in Marketing, MS program in Human Resources Management, MS program in Quantitative Finance, MS program in Finance and Accounting)
- Nagoya University of Commerce & Business, Nisshin, Aichi, JAPAN (degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of Science)
- Tilburg University Strategic Management, Tilburg, NETHERLANDS (degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of Science in Strategic Management)
- East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai Shi, CHINA (degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of International Business)
- KEDGE Business School in Boudreaux, France (offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: Purchasing & Supply Chain Management (English), Finance (English), Global Management (English), Marketing (French)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018