IFA Paris MBA Certified by FEDE (Fédération Européenne Des Écoles)
- Duration: 15-month program in English
- Campuses: Paris, Istanbul
- Format*: Paris or Istanbul/Paris
- Next Intake: October 2020
- ECTS Credits: 120
- Application Fee: €150
- Tuition Fee: €15,800
- Limited to: 25 students per class
*availability of Format(s) may vary from one year to another
Luxury is going through a phenomenon much akin to the Big Bang our Universe has experienced billions of years ago. It is in perpetual movement and the core ideas defining its framework are being dismantled one by one. Is it still accurate to equate luxury with rarity when 94% of Japanese Women in their twenties are said to own a Louis Vuitton bag? Should we still assume that Luxury brands invariably utilize a price skimming strategy when Hermes was forced to hold its first ever sale in Hangzhou China in 2014?
The matter at stake here is to understand if the structural changes faced by this prestigious industry push it to morph and explode into various different, and sometimes paradoxical, ideologies; or if those same structural changes are precisely pushing luxury to initiate a retrenchment to its traditional and secular values, back to its original core? This is the initial postulate structuring one of the most sought after postgraduate courses in IFA Paris: The MBA in Luxury Brand Management.
The philosophy of this revamped MBA is based on the same principles as the other postgraduate courses in IFA Paris:
Students are being immersed in a workshop environment allowing them to get an intensive and practical training based on modules that analyze macro and micro trends in depth.
While travelling between IFA’s campus locations (Paris, Istanbul) our students are able to experience first-hand the intrinsic characteristics of emerging and mature markets thanks to IFA Paris learning by doing pedagogy. The participants’ experience is reinforced by a unique course structure that offers a variety of modules and seminars opening doors into specific sectors of activity such as luxury watch making, cosmetics and perfume, haute couture or even Oenology and Gastronomy.
The overarching Capstone thesis reflects the students’ commitment to the development of a unique and individual project.
Finally, from inception to graduation, and regardless of their location, Postgraduate students of IFA Paris will benefit from the support of a unique department called the “Career and Alumni Center”. The industry relation arm of IFA Paris’ academic courses is in charge of organizing bi-weekly guest lectures and field trips to attune our students with the latest trends in the luxury industry.
Capitalizing on strong collaborations with groups such as LVMH, Richemont or Kering, the Career and Alumni Center will give access to exclusive brand launch events, fashion shows, art exhibitions or professional trade-shows in order to build the students’ own professional network.
The Career and Alumni Center accompanies IFA Paris students even after graduation by linking them with its strong alumni network composed of individuals originating from 50 different countries. The key word here is synergy, whereby IFA Paris, its students and its graduates are all set to be major actors in the reshaping of the luxury industry panorama.
Our MBA Courses are structured with the ECTS framework in mind as set by the Bologna Convention. Upon completion of their studies participants will gather a total of 120 ECTS that they will be able to transfer if they wish to further their studies. This program is also certified by FEDE (Fédération Européenne Des Écoles).
- Preferably 2 years of professional experience (Internships are taken into account)
- Bachelor Graduate or significant professional experience in related fields
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 79 (or equivalence) or proof of study in English, for non-native English speakers
- Interview (on campus or Skype)
- Online test
Documents to provide:
- Fill in the online application form
- Latest transcript
- Copy of Bachelor diploma or equivalence
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
- Copy of passport
All applications will be reviewed by the Program Director and Academic Director of the postgraduate department. Should applicants be deemed to not meet the minimum admission requirements in terms of academic background, they will be asked to enroll in a Foundation Workshop held prior to the starting date of their MBA Program.
Our Luxury brand Management course covers a wide range of modules clustered into five main module groupings:
- Marketing and Management: This grouping encompasses a series of modules that will be sequentially planned based on the structure of a marketing plan. The overall body of knowledge acquired by the students will prepare them to:
- Analyze complex marketing challenges based on practical case studies
- Allocate resources strategically to achieve pre-determined objectives
- Craft brand DNAs allowing for the achievement of a sustainable competitive advantage
- Business Issues: The capacity to listen and interpret markets’ signals is a key component of today’s managers. It needs to be continuously cultivated. Within this module grouping, students will discover the idiosyncrasies of the luxury industry from an economic and financial viewpoint.
- Distribution and Retail: In the past 30 years the distribution strategies of the most famous luxury brands and conglomerates have gone through a dramatic change. Tightening control of the distribution channels, creating shopping environments that tell stories, increased utilization of the internet are only a few topics that will be covered in the modules pertaining to the grouping of “Distribution and Retail”
- Luxury Environment: The concept of rarity has traditionally been associated with the idea of luxury. However, while rarity is still an important factor in determining the value of a luxury brand, terms such as “exclusivity” or “space” are now strongly resounding within customers’ minds as alternative descriptors. In this module grouping, students will study the historical evolution of the luxury industry and will explore macro trends that are structuring the different international markets.
- Luxury Lifestyle: The series of seminars comprised within the “Luxury Lifestyle” module grouping will allow our students to experience diverse industries and give them more specific insights on each of them. Topics such as Haute Couture, Jewelry, Luxury Watch Making…etc will be covered by specialists of the sectors who will guide the students through their discovery process.
The Foundation workshop will be taught over 2 full weeks (75 Hours) and comprise the following modules:
- Principles of Marketing – 15 Hours
- Quantitative Research Approaches – 15 Hours
- Accounting Principles – 15 Hours
- Working Methodology – 15 Hours
- Project Management – 15 Hours
For more information and to download the program brochure, please visit https://www.ifaparis.com/courses/postgraduate/mba-luxury-brand-management
About the School
The Paris Fashion School for Design and Business. In the words of Suzy Menkes, IFA Paris is where to “Learn the French way of seeing fashion as art.”