Master of Business Administration - Made in Germany
The program MBA in International Tourism Management provides students with specific competencies for the tourism business in a practice-oriented and holistic approach. It takes into account that the prosperous tourism sector is recruiting more and more managers with a recognized academic qualification and with high sensitivity towards international and intercultural management needs. The program delivers key competencies required in the tourism business and builds on the previous studies of students.
The MBA in International Tourism Management is a three-semester full-time course leading to a specialist Master of Business Administration (MBA)-degree.
The program offers resourceful, entrepreneurial, innovative and global networking competence.
This is achieved by qualified teaching staff, an international and diverse student body, a faculty which provides a unique environment for intellectual exchange, joint research combined with academic excellence, practical orientation, and an in-company internship. The course provides students with a competitive advantage in securing a career in the tourism industry.
The postgraduate course MBA in International Tourism Management offers compulsory subjects only, all of which focus on the systematic preparation of future managers for the various tasks within international tourism management in a global environment. In order to address the complexities in coordinating the different tourism-related industries and to fulfill the need to upgrade skills in this sector, training needs to be improved.
The MTM-program provides students with a careful balance of managerial knowledge and specialist skills tailored specifically towards the tourism sector. The ability to be resilient and adaptable to changes is a critical requirement for survival. Managers need to be able to take charge and to implement tough and decisive actions.
This requires innovative and comprehensive networking skills. Therefore this prestigious degree enables students to take charge of these changes effectively with great confidence and make use of the abundant opportunities of tomorrow.
The core components of the MBA program cover the following areas of qualifications:
- The phenomenon of tourism and its systems
- Economics of tourism and its industries
- Environments of tourism
- Tourism demand
- Strategic and operative marketing competencies in tourism
- International and global tourism management
- Specific management competencies in tourism (a.o. project management, e-tourism, quality management and process management)
- Marketing research in tourism
- Culture and cross-culture management
- Business policy and ethics
The MBA in International Tourism Management is completed with the master's examination which is taken after two semesters. Students are required to write their master´s thesis at the end of the second semester when all modules have fully been covered. The thesis has to be defended in an oral exam. In case a student does an internship after the second semester the oral exam takes place after the third semester.
The overall grade incorporates results obtained from exams during the course as well as the evaluation of the master´s thesis. Upon successful completion of the course, students are awarded the degree of "Master of Business Administration (MBA)".
The general requirements for admission are:
- An academic, business-related degree (bachelor). For foreign applicants: the course director has to approve the academic degree
- One year of practical professional experience
- Proof of a very good standard of English shown by appropriate certificates (A-level English course, TOEFL paper-based 560 points, TOEFL computer based 220 points, IELTS 6,0; option: English test)
Program taught in: