"The Esslingen MBA is a melting pot of culture, a platform for brainstorming ideas and for building relationships that cut across conventional borders."
- Alumna Dr. Grace NG-KRÜLLE, MBA 1999, now a Research Fellow at Solution Forest in Australia wrote:
The Esslingen MBA allows students to study in one of the most industrial regions in Europe,
- all master's classes are taught in English by highly qualified professors or professionally qualified instructors with rich business experience
- our MBA is well connected to, and well supported by, corporations such as Bosch and Festo
- small class size of 25 provides students an optimal learning environment
- a diverse MBA class is one of our strongest assets.
It is also one of our greatest teaching tools that we integrate the varied individual perspectives of participants, the educational approach and curriculum. A close relationship to the industry enables student to learn theory and gain state-of-the-art knowledge, both inside and out of the classroom.
Hands-on learning activities, such as company visits and real examples are carried out under close guidance; students have the opportunity to study German and to explore the German mentality and culture by participating in excursions, cultural lectures and social events. Our programs are strongly sponsored by the German government.
Students receive an MBA valued at over €30,000 for less than €4,000!
ESSLINGEN – AN IDEAL PLACE TO STUDY
The city of Esslingen has a population of over 93,000 inhabitants, and lies nestled in the vineyards overlooking the Neckar valley. Stuttgart, the capital city of Baden-Wuerttemberg, is only 20 kilometres away.
Esslingen has a history reaching back over 1,200 years, a history in which tradition and progress have gone hand in hand. Since its industrialisation, Esslingen has been an attractive industrial and business centre. Many international companies such as Daimler, Eberspächer and Festo have settled here.
Esslingen's historical city centre, with its half-timbered houses,
its cafés and its diverse cultural life, is an ideal surrounding for a successful study time.
HIGHLIGHTS Of THE ESSLINGEN MBA
Realistic case studies
The module Business Planning is designed to bring together and apply the knowledge acquired in other modules: founding a company and evaluating a business idea; corporate decision making; and buying and selling a company or a business unit are covered in this module.
Focus on industry through company visits
The module Operations Management is designed to make the
student understand the importance of operations in business.
Through company visits, students learn different means of meeting operational challenges and being competitive.
Corporate project and thesis in the industry
Esslingen University is surrounded by well-known companies, many of them global players such as Behr, Bosch, Daimler, Festo, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kärcher, Modine, Porsche and Siemens: a great benefit for our university and for our students.
STUDY IN ENGLISH – EXPERIENCE GERMANY
The Esslingen MBA aims to prepare students for a management
career in an international environment. The course emphasizes
hands-on training and the application of analytical tools, working
with a broad array of management concepts. Our Language and
Culture Program prepares students for work in a German company
LEARN THROUGH INTERCULTURAL PROJECTS
By studying the theory and implementing practical examples in international teams, students gain a profound understanding of different business situations and learn to grasp the essential nature of problems and to deliver solutions.
Many regions and countries are undergoing a period of rapid and radical change. New markets are emerging: global enterprise is the norm rather than the exception. Today’s business managers need a whole new range of skills and perceptions in order to lead their enterprises into the global marketplace.
Our students gain a thorough foundation in all functional areas of business management in the industrial sector. This equips our participants in a unique manner for tomorrow's challenges of globalization and constant technological development. Another feature of the program is our dedication to producing business graduates who are marketable.
Graduates of the Esslingen MBA
- have an in-depth understanding of the functional fields of business and interrelationships in complex organisations
- are able to think and act in global dimensions
- have experience of applied quantitative and behavioral tools of business analysis and decision-making
- are able to build bridges between companies, countries and cultures
Studying the MBA in Esslingen is more than just education. It is an experience that widens our participants' horizons.
THE INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
Being part of networks is essential for success in today's global
business world. Through our alumni platform, generations of graduates build an international network, exchanging and keeping in touch.
Top 8 Reasons to study in the MBA program in Esslingen
- Study in one of the most industrial regions in Europe
- Gain an accredited MBA degree
- All master's classes are taught in English by highly qualified professors or professionally qualified instructors with rich business experience
- Our Esslingen MBA is well connected to, and well supported by, corporations such as Bosch and Festo
- A diverse MBA class is one of our strongest assets. It is also one of our greatest teaching tools to integrate the varied individual perspectives of participants, the educational approach and curriculum
- A close relationship to the industry enables student to learn theory and gain state-of-the-art knowledge, both inside and out of the classroom. Hands-on learning activities, such as company visits and real examples are carried out under close guidance
- Students have the opportunity to study German and to explore the German mentality and culture by participating in excursions, cultural lectures and social events
- Small class size of 25 provides students an optimal learning environment
Academic admission criteria
We prefer applicants with an undergraduate degree in the field of engineering, mathematics or natural sciences.
Our applicants must have at least two years of work experience gathered after their first university degree.
Application period: 1 October - 31 May
Program begins: September of each year
Language of instruction: Entirely in English
Preparation Course in German Language and Culture: 3 weeks in September, prior to MBA program
- Semester 1: Finance, Information Technology, Marketing and Strategy, Methods and Tools, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior
- Semester 2: Business Planning, Finance, International Management, Methods and Tools, Organizational Behavior
- Semester 3: Methods and Tools, Corporate Project, Master's Thesis and Thesis Colloquium
Credits: 30 credits per semester: 90 credits total
Place of study: Esslingen Hilltop campus
Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017