The Esslingen Mba: More Than a Typical MBA Program
- Designed for bachelor graduates from STEM fields with management ambitions;
- Located in one of Europe’s most innovative and advanced industrial regions, a one-of-a-kind business cluster;
- Strong links to global players, hidden champions and family companies, such as Bosch, Daimler, EY, Festo, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kärcher, Porsche, PwC and Siemens;
- Lifts students out of the classroom into real-life situations in the industry through company visits, case studies and team projects with companies;
- Specialization in an industrial management field during the mandatory corporate project and master’s thesis in the industry;
- An optimal learning environment with a high professor-student ratio
- Internationally ranked among the top European MBA programs in industrial management
Management Careers in an International Network
“The Esslingen MBA is an optimal complement to my academic background as a mechanical engineer”. Bryan Morehouse, MBA 2015, Customer Solution Business Development Specialist
Today’s business managers need a whole new range of skills to lead an enterprise in the global marketplace. They need to combine a strong industrial knowledge with a passion for management; to build bridges between countries and cultures. The Esslingen MBA is dedicated to educating highly skilled business professionals and prepares them for a management career in an international environment.
As an Esslingen MBA graduate, you will work at the interface between technology and management, or in a management position requiring goal-oriented problem-solving.
Esslingen MBA graduates are particularly sought after by German companies in the field of automotive and mechanical engineering, as well as consulting.
Hands-on learning activities, such as company visits and real examples are carried out under close guidance; students have the opportunity to study German and to explore the German mentality and culture by participating in excursions, cultural lectures, and social events. Our programs are strongly sponsored by the German government.
Students receive an MBA valued at over €30,000 for less than €4,000!
Engineering and Management: Focusing on the Industry
Esslingen University is one of the leading universities in Germany for applied sciences, with core areas in engineering and management as well as applied research. These strengths form the Esslingen MBA in International Industrial Management, which focuses on the functional areas of business (operations, marketing, and finance) in the manufacturing sector and the encompassing services.
Alumni Network Around the Globe
“The alumni network and the close link with the companies in the Neckar Valley provided many valuable insights into the newest developments”. Fiona van Petegem, MBA 2016 Project Engineer
Networking is essential for success in today's global business world. Over 90% of Esslingen MBA students are international, with representatives from approximately 12 different nations each year: the resulting intercultural network is a particular highlight of the Esslingen MBA.
Esslingen – An Ideal Place to Study
The city of Esslingen has a population of over 93,000 inhabitants and lies nestled in the vineyards overlooking the Neckar valley. Stuttgart, the capital city of Baden-Wuerttemberg, is only 20 kilometers away.
Near the university, there are many hiking paths through the vineyards and forests that can be explored on foot, by bicycle or Segway. Within the city, there are many parks, the city castle, waterways, street cafés, and theaters. In the winter, the old city center lights up with a Christmas market; in the summer, live music, open-air cinemas, and artisan’s markets make Esslingen come to life. Esslingen’s historical city center, with its half-timbered houses, its cafés, and its diverse cultural life, is an ideal surrounding for successful study time.
Esslingen has a history reaching back over 1,200 years, a history in which tradition and progress have gone hand in hand. Since its industrialization, Esslingen has been a major center for engineering education, and it is this mixture of technical prowess and cultural tradition that makes Esslingen an ideal place to study.
Highlights of the Esslingen MBA
Realistic case studies
The module Business Planning is designed to bring together and apply the knowledge acquired in other modules: founding a company and evaluating a business idea; corporate decision making; and buying and selling a company or a business unit are covered in this module.
Focus on the industry through company visits
The module "Operations Management" is designed to make the student understand the importance of operations in the business. Through company visits, students learn different means of meeting operational challenges and being competitive.
Corporate project and thesis in the industry
Esslingen University is surrounded by well-known companies, many of the global players such as Behr, Bosch, Daimler, Festo, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kaercher, Modine, Porsche, and Siemens: a great benefit for our university and for our students.
Study in English – Experience Germany
The Esslingen MBA aims to prepare students for a management career in an international environment. The course emphasizes hands-on training and the application of analytical tools, working with a broad array of management concepts. Our Language and Culture Program prepares students to work in a German company.
Graduates of the Esslingen MBA
- Have an in-depth understanding of the functional fields of business and interrelationships in complex organizations;
- Are able to think and act in global dimensions;
- Have experience of applied quantitative and behavioral tools of business analysis and decision-making;
- They are able to build bridges between companies, countries, and cultures.
Studying The Esslingen MBA is more than just an education. It is an experience that widens our participants' horizons.
Top 8 Reasons To Study In The Esslingen MBA
- Study in one of the most industrial regions in Europe;
- Gain an accredited MBA degree;
- All MBA classes are taught in English by highly qualified professors or professionally qualified instructors with rich business experience;
- Our Esslingen MBA is well connected to, and well supported by, corporations such as Bosch and Festo;
- A diverse MBA class is one of our strongest assets. It is also one of our greatest teaching tools to integrate the varied individual perspectives of participants, the educational approach and curriculum;
- A close relationship with the industry enables the student to learn theory and gain state-of-the-art knowledge, both inside and out of the classroom. Hands-on learning activities, such as company visits and real examples are carried out under close guidance;
- Students have the opportunity to study German and to explore the German mentality and culture by participating in excursions, cultural lectures, and social events;
- A small class size of 25 provides students with an optimal learning environment.
Academic admission criteria
We prefer applicants with an undergraduate degree in the field of engineering, mathematics or natural sciences.
Our applicants must have at least two years of work experience gathered after their first university degree.
- Application period: 1 October - 31 May
- The program begins: September of each year
- Language of instruction: Entirely in English
- Preparation Course in German Language and Culture: 3 weeks in September, prior to the MBA program
- Semester 1: Finance, Information Technology, Marketing and Strategy, Methods and Tools, Operations Management, Organisational Behavior
- Semester 2: Business Planning, Finance, International Management, Methods and Tools, Organisational Behavior
- Semester 3: Methods and Tools, Corporate Project, Master's Thesis and Thesis Colloquium
Credits: 30 credits per semester: 90 credits total
Place of study: Esslingen Hilltop campus
Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
About the School
Engineering, economics and management, social and nursing sciences make up the pillars of teaching at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences.