Are you looking for a global career in business and do you have the ambition and drive to succeed? Are you a young professional who wants to be surrounded by international fellow students? Then this is the program for you.
The MBA in International Business empowers you to profit from the opportunities and to overcome the challenges of a highly connected international business environment.
During 18 months, this unique program develops ambitious participants into future leaders who embrace the opportunities, master the challenges, and shape a successful and responsible future in an increasingly diverse and connected international business environment.
When you choose for an MBA in International Business
- You choose to grow into a responsible leader who understands the cross-cultural impact of your actions on your social and economic environment.
- You will accelerate in entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
- You can expect holistic knowledge and skills in business administration beyond functional boundaries with an internationalization lens.
- You learn through interactive and evidence-based teaching, ensuring relevance and practical applicability.
- You will participate in company visits as well as in domestic and international field trips to gain first-hand experience.
MBA in International Business at a glance
- MBA program in 18 months
- The courses take place once a month from Thursday-Saturday
- Initial Start: March 2021
- Tuition fee: €35,000
- Various discounts and scholarships are applicable
- Graduates receive an MBA degree in International Business
MBA in International Business empowers your leadership competencies
To profit from international opportunities, business owners and managers also need to be proactive, risk-taking, and innovative. Thus, internationalization intensifies the trend that leaders need to be more entrepreneurial to improve their firms’ competitiveness and to advance their personal careers.
But not only markets and customers become more international, but greater international connectedness leads to more cultural diversity also within firms. This requires leaders to have strong cross-cultural leadership competencies.
Main program features
- Obtain a holistic understanding of international business beyond functional boundaries.
- Become an entrepreneurial thinker and actor.
- Grow into a responsible leader who understands the cross-cultural impact of your actions.
- Learn through hands-on, interactive, and evidence-based teaching ensuring relevance and practical applicability.
- Participate in field trips to gain first-hand experience.
- Profit from close ties between the program and industry demands.
- Learn from distinguished professors and guest lecturers from renowned firms and start-ups establishing close ties between the program and industry demands.
- Working with young scale-up firms in an Amsterdam-based incubator fosters your entrepreneurial attitude.
- Apply knowledge in an interactive software-based business simulation.
Beyond the core curriculum, the program offers various opportunities to deepen and broaden professional skills (e.g., intercultural communication or negotiation) and to profit from professional career services such as workshops to develop an own brand or individual career coaching.
- Evidence-based teaching: teaching grounds on state-of-the-art (research and contextual) evidence otherwise unavailable to professionals.
- Mixed classrooms: The program attracts participants with diverse backgrounds. Mixed classrooms offer manifold opportunities to achieve valuable learning outcomes through mutual learning among peers (guided by accomplished and experienced educators).
- Interactive: The courses combine traditional (teacher-centered) and interactive ‘flip-the-classroom’ based elements (presentations, discussions, teamwork, software-based business simulations, etc.) to facilitate effective and active learning among participants.
- Relevance: Guest lecturers and speakers from renowned firms and start-ups as well as “real-life” case studies developed in close collaboration with real firms foster close ties between the program and the industry.
Professors from VU's School of Business and Economics will lead the courses. They will be supported by internationally renowned academic subject-matter experts, journalists from renowned business newspapers, executive coaches, and former and current senior executives, who will share their expertise and experiences with the participants and who will support participants in further improving their skill set.
Typical participants have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized research university, at least three years of post-graduate work experience and English language proficiency. The program welcomes participants with diverse backgrounds.
Participants in the MBA in International Business must meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized research university
- At least three years of work experience
- Solid GMAT/GRE score
- English language proficiency
About the School
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 175 English taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to over ... Read More