This programme is tailor-made for graduates and middle managers intending to understand the role of information technology in strategic management. The MBA Information Technology Management programme aims to give the developing manager a good understanding of the potential that IT has to improve effectiveness and enhance competitive positioning of a business. Effective managers need to understand the potential and limitations of IT as it consumes a significant percentage of resources in an organisation.
This programme will help to prepare you to make appropriate choices in selecting and leveraging the right IT tools keeping in mind the organisational dynamics without getting deeply engrossed in technical issues.
Why study an MBA in Information Technology Management?
This course is aimed at graduates or experienced middle-managers.
- You will understand the role of information technology in strategic management;
- you will understand the potential and limitations of IT in business;
- you will discover IT effects on resources in any organisation;
- forums enable students to interact with one another and work together as virtual groups.
The MBA in Information Technology Management comprises of the following frameworks: marketing, finance and human resource management.
In addition, the role of the IS/IT function is evaluated from a strategic viewpoint. The role that IT plays in the development of the organisation as a whole and the management strategies that are necessary for the delivery of IS/IT are examined.
The emerging role of systems development and procurement and the new demands this places on IS/IT outsourcing will be explored. Students will write a dissertation on a management issue that involves an aspect of IS/IT.
The modules studied are:
- IS/IT Strategy
- Enterprise Systems
- IS Auditing and Security Assurance Principles (elective)
- Financial Analysis for Managers
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Systems Development and Procurement
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (elective)
- Research Methods and MBA Dissertation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017