A specialized MBA degree for students who want to take advantage of the latest in technological applications while developing management skills. The MBA-Information Systems Management (MBA-ISM) is for students with an undergraduate degree in information systems or computer science. All of your elective courses in the MBA-ISM degree are taken in information systems.
Electives for MBA-ISM Degree
21 hours. All elective courses are restricted to courses in information systems. One elective must be an international elective, unless you participate in an international internship or study abroad program. An internship, usually done in the summer semester, can count for 6 of the 21 hours of elective courses. If you have less than two years of full-time professional work experience, you are required to do either an internship or international study abroad program during the summer semester.
Admission to Baylor Business is competitive. We're looking for individuals with professional work experience, outstanding scholarship, leadership potential, a commitment to community service, and a motivation to pursue an intense MBA program. MBA candidates should have strong analytical skills.
The application process is conducted by the Hankamer School of Business with the support of the Graduate School.
- Application - The preferred method of applying is online.
- Essays- Express your unique qualifications, experiences, and reasons for applying to the MBA program.
- Letters of Recommendation- Ask for recommendations from individuals who know you professionally and can present a balanced evaluation and assessment. Two recommendations are required.
- Transcripts- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university, is required. The transcript from your graduating institution must show proof of degree. NOTE: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the evaluation process. If the Business School recommends approval, the Graduate School will require official transcripts before your admission is complete. If you earned your undergraduate degree from Baylor, you do not need to submit transcripts. The Graduate School will obtain your Baylor transcripts from the Records Office.
- Resume- A current resume should describe those activities, honors, or awards that you believe helpful to ensuring success in the MBA program.
- Standardized Tests- All MBA applicants are required to submit a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score. International applicants are also required to provide a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEL Unofficial copies of the test scores are acceptable for the evaluation process.
- Application Fee - $50 non-refundable fee.
Note: If offered admission to Baylor Business, you are required to submit your official GMAT score, TOEFL score (international only), and transcripts within 30 days. Baylor reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission should any misrepresentation occur.