Recently placed at the top of Eduniveral’s list of the best HRM MBA’s in Eastern Europe, ZSEM's MBA in Human Resource Management represents the best step HRM managers can make in developing their organization’s strongest competitive advantage; their people.
This program, fully taught in English by local faculty and many international lecturers from well-known universities worldwide, is designed for managers and future business professionals who wish to learn how to utilize their people to achieve organizational objectives, who wish to learn how to recruit star employees, how to manage change, create an HR strategy, and more.
Courses within this program include Recruitment and Selection, Leadership, Management of Change and Human Resources, Performance Measurements and Reward Systems, and others. Classes will involve practical examples of human resource management in practice, video examples, case studies, and will be highly interactive. In this program, students will also take part in a computer simulation in which they will take the role of a Human Resource Manager, and make decisions on recruitment, promotions, salary increases, employee training, etc. Based on the outcomes of their actions, they learn how HRM theory relates to practice. This program lasts for two semesters, in the second of which students will have to create a Graduate Thesis.
Bill Gates once said: “Take our best 20 people away, and I will tell you that Microsoft would become an unimportant company”. As companies compete in the global marketplace with their products and services, they also compete with each other to attract the best and most talented people. Bill Gates’ statement only rings truer today; as global competition intensifies, companies are going to greater lengths to attract and keep their best performers and value creators. After all, great companies are made by great people.
The lecturers represent a combination of Croatian of foreign experts in the area of Human Resource Management. Study groups are small, as they are in all programs offered by the Zagreb School of Economics and Management, and communication between professors and students is direct. Lecturers in this program include Dino Dogan (Croatian Telecom), Li Choy Chong and Markus Menz (St. Gallen University), Herman Lassleben (Reutlingen University), Randy Richards and Dan Ebener (St. Ambrose University), along with ZSEM’s experts.
This program lasts for two semesters and culminates with the creation of a Graduate Thesis.
Duration of the program: 2 semesters, 60 ECTS credits.
Enrollment intakes: September and March
Course structure: Classes are held in cycles and in the afternoon, after 5 pm.
Admission requirements: Applicants must have a completed four-year professional or undergraduate university program, acquired 240 ECTS credits. However, candidates who have completed a four-year ‘non-economics’ program can also apply under the condition to take the pre-semester with following courses: Basics of Economics, Basics of Marketing, Basics of Business Finance, Basics of Management, Basics of Accounting.
Admission to the MBA program will be evaluated according to the following scales:
- Admission to the MBA program will be evaluated according to the following scales:
- Academic success in the undergraduate and graduate program – 30%
- Interview with a candidate – 30%
- 2 recommendations on academic or professional qualifications – 25%
- Motivation letter – 15%
This degree programme offers the possibility to get a double master degree with the following partner universities:
- IIBN Business School, International Institute of Business Networking, Study Consortium in Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA (degrees offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: MBA in Financial and Banking Management, MBA in Strategic Management, MBA in Public Administration, MBA in Oil and Gas Management, MBA in Tourism Management)
- Fu Jen Catholic University, College of Management, New Taipei City, TAIWAN (degrees offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: MS program in Management, MS program in Marketing, MS program in Human Resources Management, MS program in Quantitative Finance, MS program in Finance and Accounting)
- Nagoya University of Commerce & Business, Nisshin, Aichi, JAPAN (degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of Science)
- Tilburg University Strategic Management, Tilburg, NETHERLANDS(degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of Science in Strategic Management)
- East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai Shi, CHINA(degree attained as part of double degree with ZSEM: Master of International Business)
- KEDGE Business School in Boudreaux, France (offered as part of double degree with ZSEM: Purchasing & Supply Chain Management (English), Finance (English), Global Management (English), Marketing (French)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018