MBA in Human Resource Management
Bill Gates once said: “Take our best 20 people away, and I will tell you that Microsoft would become an unimportant company”. As companies compete in the global marketplace with their products and services, they also compete with each other to attract the best and most talented people. Bill Gates’ statement only rings truer today; as global competition intensifies, companies are going to greater lengths to attract and keep their best performers and value creators. After all, great companies are made by great people.
The MBA in Human Resource Management at the Zagreb School of Economics and Management represents the best step HRM managers can make in developing their organization’s strongest competitive advantage; their people. Our HRM MBA was recently placed at the top of Eduniveral’s list of the best HRM MBAs in Eastern Europe. This program is designed for managers and future business professionals that want to learn how to utilize their people to achieve organizational objectives, who wish to learn how to recruit star employees, how to manage change, create an HR strategy, and more.
Courses within this program include Recruitment and Selection, Leadership, Management of Change and Human Resources, Performance Measurements and Reward Systems, and others. Classes include examples of human resource management in practice, video examples, case studies, and are highly interactive. In this program, students will also take part in a computer simulation in which they will assume the role of a Human Resource Manager, and make decisions on recruitment, promotions, salary increases, employee training, etc. Based on the outcomes of their actions, they will learn how HRM theory relates to practice. This program lasts for two semesters, in the second of which students will have to create a Graduate Thesis.
The lecturers represent a combination of Croatian and foreign experts in the area of Human Resource Management. Study groups are small, as they are in all programs offered by the Zagreb School of Economics and Management, and communication between professors and students is direct. Lecturers in this program include Dino Dogan (Croatian Telecom), Li Choy Chong and Markus Menz (St. Gallen University, Switzerland), Julie Felker (University of Michigan, United States), Herman Lassleben (Reutlingen University, Germany), Randy Richards and Dan Ebener (St. Ambrose University, United States), along with ZSEM’s experts.
MBA in Human Resource Management Curriculum
- Management of Change and Human Resources
- Electronic Business Management
- Business Ethics and CSR
- Recruitment and Selection
- Strategies for Managing Human Resources
- Project Management
- Performance Measurements and Reward Systems
- Measurement Application in Human Resource Management
- Intercultural Transformational Leadership
- Graduate Thesis
Tuition Fee Discounts
Students may obtain a reduction in tuition fee in the following cases:
- Payment in one installment to the ZSEM's gyro account: 5%
- Payment by a student loan: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate program 3,5 - 3,99: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate program 4,00 - 4,49: 10%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate 4,50 - 5: 15%
- Candidates with non-Croatian citizenship (without dual citizenship): 5%
- Candidates with a minimum of 5 or more years of work experience: 5% (to be proved by an official certificate).
A student may qualify for more than one tuition fee reduction, in which case they stack.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2018