MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
This program will be conducted in English
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals, and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the program particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- Reputation in the field of management and tuition quality: Ostelea is the result of a partnership between one of the world’s best business school, EAE (second best business school in Spain according to the Merco Ranking 2016), bringing its experience and reputation in management, with the Universitat de Lleida, Spain’s top public university in terms of the quality of the tuition (Fundación Conocimiento y Desarrollo), awarded the distinction of International Campus of Excellence.
- Multicultural approach: 66% of the students at Ostelea are international.
- Rigorous academic program: based on cultivating strategic thought and specific knowledge of the hospitality and tourism industry, an essential blend for executive positions in the sector.
- Hotel business game: In the final tuition period, participants are organized into teams and they have to manage their own hotel company, competing on the global market that is dynamic and changing, in a realistic reflection of the real world, made up of other teams of students.
- An extensive program of visits to hotels, hotel chains, tourism companies and public authorities: As the participants need first-hand insight into the reality and trends in the sector, accompanied by executives in the Hospitality and Tourism industries.
- Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing executive tuition with an international vision of the tourism industry, together with a flexible and adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global setting. Integrating the main spheres of tourism management from an interdisciplinary and comprehensive perspective.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies. Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competencies required of directors and businesspeople in the tourism sector in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 5 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Company Management
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The Professional Careers Service is a department providing support for current and former students which aims to guide and accompany students as they strive to reach new professional goals, as well as adapting their professional expectations and interests to be more closely in line with the employment market.
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
Professional Careers Service
- Employment Exchange
- Employment Workshops
- Company Meetings
- Graduate program
- Weekly Newsletter
- 4th Year Degree Entrepreneurs Series
- Online Employment Forum
Admission and Qualification
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the program at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School.
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Universitat de Lleida.
The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 6, 2018