The Ostelea-EAE MBA ranks among the best in the world according to the QS league table. The program focuses on developing executive skills and strategic competences that enable you to become the tourism professional you have always strived to be.
*In the Merco Ranking 2018, EAE Business School was ranked as the second most reputable school in Spain.
Reasons to take the MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part in the program at Ostelea’s Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students to work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competencies: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyze them and propose their own solutions.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
Other key features
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid): 25 hours of tuition.
- Language Seminars: students can choose between English and French (limited places: 30 hours of tuition/language.
The MBA in Hospitality will give you the following benefits
- International vision of the tourism industry
Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
- Future leaders
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analyzing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Development Program)
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that include (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- Advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on candidate selection and improvement processes
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future
- (To choose one)
Talent tourism week
With the presence of relevant companies in the sector that will present their offers and then interview the students who are possible candidates.
Companies participate by publishing their offers online and interviewing our students.
Elaborated by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa, etc.), whose objective is to select the most suitable candidates.
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn the profiles most in-demand in the sector.
- Hotel Director or Manager, or director of other types of tourism establishment.
- Operational Director or Manager of functional areas of tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hotel/tourism companies in any of their functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in companies in sectors complementary to tourism, marketing, and commercialization related to the hotel and tourism industry.
- Entrepreneur of ventures in or related to the tourism sector.
- Tourism and Hotel Consultant/Advisor.
Training Plan, Cloister
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The MBA in Hospitality and Tourism at the Barcelona Campus is directed by Roberto Torregrosa, the General Manager of Guitart Hotels. A specialist in hotel management, he boasts over 30 years’ experience in restaurant and hotel companies, national and international chains and independent establishments. Hotels such as the Hilton Barcelona and Rey Juan Carlos I are examples of the renowned establishments in which he has built his professional career and held executive positions. He is currently the President of the Catalan Association of Tourism Professionals.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, the Admissions Committee analyses the case of the application by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the program at the Barcelona campus will receive a Triple qualification:
- Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat of Lleida (institutional), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea (institutional)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (institutional)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (institutional)
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
About the School
Ostelea is an international university centre, belonging to the Training division of Grupo Planeta, specializing in training professionals in the Hospitality and Tourism sectors with a passion for goo ... Read More