The Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Hospitality and Management has been designed for students to graduate in 18 months. It is an intensive and innovative program which fosters a strong foundation in hotel management, leadership and entrepreneurship. Courses are balanced between academic theory and professional practice.
On campus, students hone the necessary critical thinking, leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills required to compete in the globalized business economy. With experienced faculty and small class sizes, students receive the individual support and preparation they need to achieve excellence.
Students directly apply their knowledge through hands-on, professional experience with the opportunity of a one-year paid practical training position in the best hotels and restaurants in the United States. Previous students at Vatel worked at our partner host hotels which include: St. Regis, Four Seasons, Lodge at Torrey Pines, Peninsula, Sofitel, Langham and many more. Vatel’s Career Center will assist students in locating their mandatory internships.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of hospitality or tourism or have a degree in another field with 2 years relevant hospitality or tourism experience.
- Degrees must be accredited by a regional or national association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, or a foreign institution, licensed and regulated by the appropriate oversight agency in the country of origin.
- Foreign degrees will be reviewed to determine if they meet the necessary academic requirements.
- Each applicant will be considered based on his or her individual background and professional experience.
Length of Program:
- 1 Year of Study + 6 Months of a Mandatory Internship + 6 Months of Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- The MBA in Hospitality and Management is a 13 course program with a total of 45 Semester units divided as follows:
- Business Core Semester Units: 27
- Hospitality Specialty Semester Units: 18
Business Core Courses
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Finance
- Operations Management
- Economic Analysis
- Managerial Information Systems
- Human Resources
Hospitality Specialty Courses
- Sales Management for Hospitality
- New Trends in Hospitality
- International Business Law
- Career Development and Placement
- Hospitality Management OPT
Tuition is $6,500 per semester.
Total MBA in Hospitality and Management program tuition is $26,000.
Tuition is paid at the beginning of each semester
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2017