The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Major in Hospitality Management provides you with specialized knowledge of financial management and the management essentials vital to the success of hospitality enterprises. You will learn to be a highly skilled manager, while simultaneously gaining the ability to apply effective strategic management techniques to your business.
Over the course of the program you will:
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of Management, Marketing and Account Control.
- Gain expertise in staff organization, accommodation principles, catering, and diplomacy.
- Advance your management skills and improve your ability to successfully lead and manage the people with whom you spend your time.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Trends in Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism Destination and Event Planning
- E-marketing and Event Planning
- Revenue Management and Optimization
- Sustainable Management Systems
- Food production and Service Options
- Hospitality Administration Manager
- Hotel & Lodging Manager
- Food and Service Manager
- Front Line Supervisor
Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years work experience for MBA).
Official English exam results - IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70
If an official English exam certificate is not available we will consider proof of the previous study in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Complete the online application form and upload the following documentation:
- Photocopy of all required academic diplomas and academic certificates obtained.
- One passport photo.
- Photocopy of valid passport/national identity card or permit.
- Introduction letter providing reasons for wishing to study on the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable).
- A 400-600 word essay. (Please refer to the application form for details).
- Reference letters. Minimum of 1 reference letter, maximum 2.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017