Healthcare is undergoing unprecedented change, and the industry is demanding more from those in leadership positions. The ability to adapt to change in this dynamic environment is integral to hospitals and healthcare systems alike. Employers demand leaders who understand health policies, laws, and patient care, as well hold the business acumen to understand the economics, organizational dynamics, strategic planning, marketing, and technology necessary for healthcare systems to operate.
This collaboration between Dominican’s Barowsky School of Business and the School of Health & Natural Sciences brings together vital business leadership skills, specifically tailored for the healthcare industry. As one of the only campus-based programs of its kind in the Bay Area, we are able to leverage the vast healthcare partnerships Dominican has curated through our renowned biological sciences, clinical laboratory sciences, nursing, occupational therapy, and physician assistant programs.
The MBA with Concentration in Healthcare Leadership will prepare you to be a leader who works across organizational boundaries, creating and managing systems of care for the health of the populations you serve. The program culminates with a global consulting practicum, featuring an international trip focused on project-based learning with healthcare clients.
Crafted for working professionals, our evening and weekend courses feature a face-to-face format, small class size, high faculty interaction, and guided career mentoring.
- A 40-unit program made up of 28-units of graduate business courses and 12 units of graduate healthcare courses
- Students can complete the program in one or two years
- Global consulting practicum involves a 10-day international trip
- Generous merit scholarships available
Students who complete the program will be able to:
- Lead in clinical, corporate, public, and not-for-profit sectors
- Interpret and use data for sound managerial decision making in the healthcare industry
- Formulate innovative strategies to promote outstanding healthcare business solutions
- Improve the financial health of their organizations
Our program is ideal for
- Healthcare professionals seeking to advance into leadership and management roles in healthcare delivery, healthcare consulting, public health, health insurance, patient advocacy, and healthcare policy regulation industries.
- Hospital Administrators and Managers
- Medical Practice Managers
- Physician Executives
- Scientist/Biotech/Pharmacy Professionals
- Physician Assistants
- Nurses (RNs)
- Lab Managers
- Healthcare Industry Managers
Students will gain hands-on experience not only in functional areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, management, and global business, but also through state-of-the-art courses in healthcare economics, policies, laws & regulations, healthcare analytics, and healthcare informatics. The program culminates with a global consulting practicum, featuring an international trip focused on project-based learning with healthcare clients.