IFA Paris MBA Certified by FEDE (Fédération Européenne Des Écoles)
- Duration: 15-month program in English
- Campus: Paris
- Next Intake: September 2019
- ECTS Credits: 120
- Application Fee: €150
- Tuition Fee: €14,800
- Limited to: 25 students per class
"Fashion in the age of social media is highly exciting"
Fashion is as much about stories, words, and images as it is about products, garments, and accessories. It has become a global cultural and social phenomenon, and advertising, photography, magazines, and events are the main part of this shift. The recent changes in digital communication tools and social media have led to words and images becoming even more pivotal to it, yet have also made this system increasingly complex and hard to control.
Our Global Fashion Media MBA was specifically designed to address these changes. It is mainly aimed at students or young professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who are interested in careers related to visual representations and communications, journalism, advertising, photographic styling, artistic direction, e-commerce, public relations, photography, and even digital technologies and social media management, either in the fashion world or in the creative industries at large.
This course has 3 main objectives : Enriching our students’ fashion, visual and media culture with modules such as "Fashion Photography History" that puts in perspective the historical changes in visual representations of fashion and makes the connection with other creative fields, or "Fashion 2.0" that focuses on the latest developments in digital communication.
Helping our students understand the strategic challenges faced by fashion companies and brands and the role of communication tools in it. Modules such as "International Marketing Communication", "Branding" or "Sensorial Marketing" articulate communication tools with the global management of companies that have creative activities at the heart of their business.
Allowing students to use the skills they have acquired during the numerous workshops run by professionals that we offer throughout the year. Examples of this include maintaining a blog dedicated to fashion and culture throughout the programme and producing a fashion magazine in full, from feature and article writing to photo shooting and artistic direction.
This program ends with what we call the Capstone Project, individual research, and creative project. When working on the Capstone, each student is encouraged to appropriate specific topics of the MBA Global Fashion Media according to his or her own professional projects and areas of interest.
Moving from the Paris to the Shanghai campuses allows students not only to compare the sectorial differences between mature and emerging markets but also to better understand the impact local cultures can have on communication and image production.
In both cities, students have the opportunity to attend a wide range of events, from meeting with professionals, attending fashion shows, exhibitions and professional fairs to taking company tours, thus allowing them to build their own professional network. The Career and Alumni Centre is also there to offer guidance to IFA Paris students and alumni and brings together a large network of graduates and alumni from over 50 different nationalities.
All our programs are articulated around the ECTS framework as defined by the Bologne convention. After completing their course, students receive a total of 120 ECTS that can easily be transferred if they decide to study further. This program also received the IDEL/IDEART accreditation and is certified as an “International Master.”
- Preferably 2 years of professional experience (Internships are taken into account)
- Bachelor Graduate or significant professional experience in related fields
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 79 (or equivalence) or proof of study in English, for non-native English speakers
- Interview (on campus or Skype)
- Online test
Documents to provide:
- Fill in the online application form
- Latest transcript
- Copy of Bachelor diploma or equivalence
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
- Copy of passport
All applications will be reviewed by the Program Director and Academic Director of the postgraduate department. Should applicants be deemed to not meet the minimum admission requirements in terms of academic background, they will be asked to enroll in a Foundation Workshop held prior to the starting date of their MBA Program.
Our MBA Global Fashion Media course covers a wide range of modules clustered into five main module groupings:
- Marketing and Management: This grouping encompasses a series of modules that will be sequentially planned based on the structure of a marketing plan. The overall body of knowledge acquired by the students will prepare them to:
- analyze complex marketing challenges based on practical case studies
- allocate resources strategically to achieve pre-determined objectives
- craft brand DNAs allowing for the achievement of a sustainable competitive advantage
- Business Issues: The capacity to listen and interpret markets’ signals is a key component of today’s managers. It needs to be continuously cultivated. Within this module grouping, students will discover the idiosyncrasies of the media industry from an economic and financial viewpoint.
- Technical Process: The modules taught within the “Technical Process” are based on an innovative learning philosophy. Students will be put in a real-life context through a series of hands-on workshops ranging from photo-shooting to creative journalism.
- Media Environment: Participants will develop a theme that will represent a common concept to be implemented through various media supports in the modules BLOG, SHOOT, WORD, and VIDEO.
- Media Lifestyles: A series of seminars based on experiential learning during which students will be immersed in specific universes structuring the Media Industry.
The Foundation workshop will be taught over 2 full weeks (75 Hours) and comprise the following modules:
- Principles of Marketing – 15 Hours
- Quantitative Research Approaches – 15 Hours
- Accounting Principles – 15 Hours
- Working Methodology – 15 Hours
- Project Management – 15 Hours
- 567 Hours of Face-to-Face lectures
- 713 Hours of Self-Study
- 840 Hours of a capstone project
- 200 Hours of industry contact and collaboration
For more information and to download the program brochure, please see https://www.ifaparis.com/courses/postgraduate/mba-global-fashion-media
About the School
The Paris Fashion School for Design and Business. In the words of Suzy Menkes, IFA Paris is where to “Learn the French way of seeing fashion as art.” (HERALD TRIBUNE, JUNE 2004)