The MBA in Global Business and Strategy is a dual-degree and global MBA program created in association with the Belk College of Business at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC), which represents a successful partnership between two prestigious business schools focused on the education of global leaders.
This global MBA prepares executives to work in a multi-cultural environment with the ability to define and implement business strategies that will produce competitive advantages in global organizations. The program provides the ideal environment for interaction, open discussion and mutual enrichment of leadership skills required in worldwide organizations.
- Location: Monterrey
- Dual-degree MBA
- Executive live sessions with Belk College of Business faculty at EGADE Business School Monterrey
- Duration: 1.5 - 2.5 years
- Program Intake: April and September
- Language: English
The MBA in Global Business and Strategy offers a broadening multicultural environment where students acquire a global business perspective in their classroom while building an enduring network with leaders from diverse nationalities, cultures and professional backgrounds.
The combined expertise of both schools’ global faculty provides our students with a balanced experience in the classroom between theory-practice, which lays before them the main trends, challenges, opportunities and cutting-edge management practices for leadership in a global context.
The partnerships established with leading universities and business schools on five continents provide the basis for our students to gain an accurate global business perspective:
Leverage the knowledge and experience of the best business schools worldwide by taking intensive short courses with them.
Global Network for Advanced Management
EGADE Business School is a founding partner of the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM), led by the Yale School of Management. We are the only business school in Mexico that has a membership to this global network composed of 29 international business schools, which gives our students exclusive access to:
- Global Network Week: This is a chance to study a one-week course on campus at one of these 29 international business schools. This short-term exchange program is held twice a year, in March and October, and it gives the students a chance to broaden their knowledge on diverse topics.
- Global Network Courses: The SNOC, which stand for Small Network Online Courses, courses provide an innovative platform in which all MBA students from across the GNAM network can collaborate to work on projects and discuss current business trends.
Format and concentration areas
The MBA in Global Business and Strategy is a dual-degree MBA delivered entirely in English at EGADE’s Monterrey Campus, and it can be taken in a full-time or part-time format. Both formats share class sessions allowing networking to take place between the full-time students and those part-time students who are also working throughout the program.
This global MBA is a lockstep program where students take all of their courses together and are assigned to academic teams throughout the duration of the program, which enables cross-functional and cooperative problem solving while bringing professionals with varied backgrounds together.
Admission to this MBA in Global Business and Strategy is highly competitive. EGADE Business School’s Admissions Committee comprehensively evaluates the academic and professional experience of each applicant with the purpose of assessing the potential for academic success and professional growth.
- Professional experience: 3 years
- Age range: 30-44
- Education: University graduates
- Minimum/Average GMAT: 575 / 641
- Any other specific requirements:
- Application form
- Admission test score (PAEP or equivalent)
- Two professional recommendation letters
- Updated CV
- Official documentation
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL or equivalent)
- A statement of purpose
- Interview with the Program Coordinator or Faculty member