The MBA programs of KBTU Business School are aimed at educating and preparing students for leadership positions. We encourage global vision and an understanding of transnational culture and develop students’ abilities to find creative and rational solutions to the challenges of doing business in today's complex interconnected world. Our graduates develop an awareness of how to effectively manage businesses of any size from a start-up to the transnational corporation and implement strategies that lead their companies to success.
Our MBA programs are designed both for experienced practitioners aspiring to revitalize or change their careers and for young professionals aspiring to build their careers. The program is structured to provide students with advanced business knowledge in various functional areas, cutting-edge leadership, and strategic-level decision-making skills and specialized knowledge and skills.
The MBA in Finance program is aimed at preparing students for successful careers in financial and investment decisions.
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 15 months
- Delivery mode:
- Evenings + Saturdays (4 times a week);
- 15 modules (12 months)
- Internship, Business Project and Comprehensive Exam (3 months)
- Starting date: September 2020
- Tuition fee:(Full program) 3,300,000 KZT*
- Discounts are available for KBTU graduates and Diploma with honors holders
Advantages of KBTU MBA Programs
- Curriculum with a solid foundation and specialized knowledge
- An international pool of faculty with high academic qualifications and professional experience
- Professional networking opportunities
- Study and work concurrently - integrating your experience and widening your business horizons
Bloomberg Financial Lab
- KBTU was the first university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by financial professionals in banks, investment companies, and corporate departments.
- The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty, and researchers advance using real-life cases, actual data, and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and the world's corporate base.
- The cutting-edge capabilities of the Bloomberg Financial Lab help us prepare uniquely trained specialists and researchers ready to succeed in the variety of fields from banking to logistics to engineering.
The MBA in Finance program is aimed at preparing students for successful careers in financial and investment decision makings. The specialized areas of study include Corporate Finance, Investment Management, and Financial Institutions Management.
MBA in Finance Intended Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of the MBA program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk and return in investment decisions, undertake a valuation of securities and construct an optimal portfolio;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk and return of financial institutions, analyze their performance and identify, measure and manage various types of risks encountered by these institutions;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk and return of multinational companies, evaluate their capital budgeting and financing decisions and identify, measure and manage various types of currency risks encountered by these companies.
Specific course requirements for the MBA program are as follows:
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)||4|
- Introduction to Business Strategy
- Business Communications
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Reporting and Management Control
- Marketing Management
- Business Research Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Globalization and Strategic Competitiveness (licensed from Harvard)
- International Finance
- Financial Institutions Management
Step 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 2020)
- Filled out an application;
- Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
- Resume (in English);
- 2 recommendation letters (in English);
- Motivation letter (in English);
- 6 photos 3x4;
- Identification Document (copy and original);
- Medical Reference No086-y + X-ray;
- Copy of the Work Record Book or other documentary proof of employment history (if applicable);
- Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable) or a copy of payment receipt for English test.
Step 2: Main subject examination. (August 2020)
About the School
KBTU considers its mission to provide high-quality education for future leaders in business and industry, to promote innovative technologies and research in the most advanced and prospective areas of ... Read More