Finance specialization is created to enhance the valuation principles taught in the first year of study to solve complex issues in asset management faced by fund managers and risk management faced by finance managers. The specialization also teaches financial reporting methods on securities, continuing operations, M&A, discontinued operations, fair value measurement, and other areas.
MBA program length and location
Finance specialization of the MBA program lasts for 4 semesters within 2 academic years.
The course requirement is 10 core courses (60 credits), 4 electives (24 credits) and a capstone project (12 credits), total 96 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits.
Converted to US credit system the course requirement is 10 core courses (30 credits), 4 electives (12 credits) and a capstone project (6 credits), 48 credits in total.
Courses are taught in fall, spring and summer semesters two times a week. University is located in Istiglaliyyat Street 6, AZ1001, Baku Azerbaijan.
Admission requirements to the program
Baccalaureates having a minimum of 2 years of work experience with different backgrounds (economics, commerce, mathematics, engineering, medicine etc.) are eligible to join the MBA program. Eligible international students are accepted to the program based on a contract signed between both parties (university and potential student). Local students are required to pass a uniform state attestation exam before applying to the MBA program. All students are required to provide a proof of English language skills along with academic eligibility.
Advantages of teaching methods in the MBA program
The MBA program seeks to improve students for their leadership skills, prepare them to master systematic knowledge, capabilities and management skills, enhance their professional competence, investigate complex business information, learn analytical thinking and decision-making skills, nourish student’s entrepreneurial mind, teach them business ethics, presentation and time management skills, This program prepares students to occupy top positions in organizations with different cultures. Case studies, presentations, time management skills, group/individual projects, and business games along with theoretical approach complement a rigorous MBA program in the Azerbaijan State University of Economics. The program also aims at teaching students with change management skills peculiar to non-government, not-for-profit and commercial organizations along with proactive thinking style to project scenarios in regulatory environments. Students will be graded through midterm, class attendance, participation, home works, and final examinations.
Lecturers/Professors of the MBA Program
Along with full time faculty members of the Azerbaijan State University of Economics (UNEC) the MBA program benefits from scientific and practical potential of professors and lecturers with top academic and managerial background whether in public, government, or private. The program also invites academicians from high ranked universities around the globe and takes advantage of their scientific knowledge and practical potential.
Magistrates who maintain excellent, good, or satisfactory academic standing throughout and graduate from the MBA program of UNEC receive their MBA degree with all the rights and privileges related to this degree.
- SMO 652 Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- MGTSC 501 Statistics for Business and Economics
- ECON 503 Managerial Economics
- ACCTG 503 Financial Accounting (F3)
- SMO 502 Strategy, Organization and Innovation
- FIN 502 Corporate Finance
- MARK 502 Marketing Strategy
- ACCTG 502 Management Accounting (F2)
- OM 502 Operations Management
- BLAW 642 Business Law (F4)
- FIN 635 Portfolio Management
- FİN 614 Investments
- FIN 645 Financial risk management
- FIN 644 International Finance
- FIN 615 Securities trading and financial markets
- FIN 620 Financial Management of Smaller Firms
- BUEC 501 Business in the Global Environment
- FIN 650 Applied Corporate Finance
- FIN 631 Bank Management (F9)
- ACCTG 610 Auditing (global audit methodology)
- FİN 637 Fixed Income Securities and Credit Markets
- HRM 602 International Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- BLAW 631 Legal Aspects of Management
- RES 620 Research Methods in desicion making
- MIS 521 Management Information Systems
- Capstone – Topics related to Finance
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 30, 2017