Entrepreneurship is one of the fastest growing areas of study in business schools across the U.S. More than 65% of millennials have a significant interest in being an entrepreneur.
To meet this growing interest, starting Summer 2018, Meredith will offer a Concentration in Entrepreneurship and Family Business. In addition, the MBA program will offer a Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Family Business, which includes an entrepreneurial "boot camp" for students pursuing the postgraduate certificate.
“While most entrepreneurial programs tend to focus on the exciting 'unicorn' startups that have high growth potential, Meredith College provides a great environment for the pragmatic and practical 'everyday' entrepreneur.” Kristie Ogilvie, Dean, School of Business
Why study entrepreneurship at Meredith?
- Gain the tools to develop a competitive business model for a new startup or growth plan for an existing business.
- Learn about resources available to potential and existing business owners, and how to mitigate risk.
- Develop strategies for marketing, sales, and market niche.
- Expand your ability to come up with creative solutions
- Learn how to communicate your ideas effectively and sell yourself
Whether you intend to start your own business, or simply want to develop the skills sought after in today's fast-moving business environment, Meredith's programs will prepare you to succeed in your career.
To earn the concentration, you'll complete the 33-credit-hour Meredith MBA – with three entrepreneurship and family business elective courses to complement the 24 hours of core MBA courses. The certificate is a 10-hour program consisting of the boot camp and three entrepreneurship electives.
Entrepreneurship and Family Business Concentration - Curriculum
MBA Core Curriculum (24 credits)
Entrepreneurship and Family Business Concentration Additional Courses (9 credits)
- MBA - 626: Business Planning and Design(3 cr.)
- MBA - 627: Entrepreneurial Financing and Strategy(3 cr.)
- MBA - 628: Managing a Growing Venture(3 cr.)
Curriculum requirements and course descriptions are subject to changes with each catalog.
About the School
More than one hundred years ago, Meredith College opened with just over 200 women. Today, our student body has grown to include nearly 2,000 students, including men who are part of our graduate progra ... Read More