MBA in Energy Business
There is a need for a new breed of highly trained specialized professionals who are capable of managing energy companies efficiently in an increasingly globalized business environment. The MBA in Energy Business is designed to create such human capital. The main focus of the program is to provide students in-depth exposure to modern management approaches, tools, and skills needed to face the challenges of changing energy business paradigms and energy markets.
Intended Learning Objectives
On successful completion of the program, it is envisaged that candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear and in-depth understanding of the contemporary settings within which energy business has to be managed.
- Grasp the complex interactions between national economic development, competition, patterns of technological and market change, and the structure and development of internal enterprise capabilities.
- Enhance their capacity to analyze which technologies to invest in, how to structure those investments and how to anticipate and respond to the behavior of competitors, suppliers, and customers.
- Understand the issues involved in the process of energy technology acquisition and the interrelationships between technology transfer and research and development.
- Prove their ability to use various methods, tools, and techniques for the evaluation of various options related to the energy business.
- Establish the link between national energy and environment-related policies and the competitive behavior of the enterprise.
Candidates seeking admission should have at least a Bachelor degree in engineering, science, economics, management, business, public administration or equivalent.Applicants should also have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
Program Duration and modality
- Duration – 22 months
- Internship during the program of study will be encouraged
Program taught in: