- Duration (years): 1.5 years
- Qualification Awarded: Master of Business Administration
- Level of Qualification: Master Degree (2nd Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Mode of Study: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme
The University of Nicosia MBA programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation of business education enabling them to become effective managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive fast-changing environment. This programme aims to be highly integrated into context and practical by remaining close to actual business practice. It aspires to assist students to develop their management and leadership skills, operate effectively in a multicultural environment and to adapt quickly to changing social, political, legal and economic conditions.
More specifically the programme’s main objectives include:
- Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organisations functioning in a competitive world
- Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge in one of the specialised areas
- Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
- Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
- Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications
- Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialised knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
- Offering insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
- Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long-term decisions.
- Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
- Providing students with a graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
- Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Providing students with the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
- Giving emphasis to European and International business perspectives
The Programme orients towards preparing its graduates for either further studies or direct employment in the industry.
The MBA Degree is specifically designed to build upon business people’s existing knowledge and adding to their personal career development. The MBA is the tool for diversifying roles in a career for developing strategic leaders.
The MBA programme of the University of Nicosia aims at ensuring that its students acquire the appropriate management knowledge necessary and an in-depth understanding of all major business areas. Through theory and practice, the University of Nicosia MBA wishes to assist students to develop into critical and intellectual individuals and the new business leaders of the future.
Graduates of the MBA programme can be employed at all sectors of the economy and business, whether this is in the manufacturing sector, tourism, financial services and professional services sectors, non-profit organisations, education, trade, retail etc.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctorate Degree)
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all programme requirements.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this programme, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective leadership and management skills with heightened cultural awareness and a refined global outlook
- Demonstrate academic independence and synthesise their individual professional profile when dealing with major issues relating to their career
- Perform in-depth academic research
- Implement their acquired discipline knowledge in a practical manner, through the writing of their thesis, and be able to apply their knowledge to real-life situations
- Apply the abilities gained, taking an integrative point of view of all analytical tools that assist in performing in-depth analyses of industries and competitors, predict competitive behaviour, and analyse how organisations develop and sustain competitive advantage over time
- Design and run effective organisations and assist them in achieving superior performance
- Manage the Human Resources of their organisation and motivate people to achieve their organisation’s vision
- Evaluate their organisation’s competitive position and apply appropriate marketing and strategy decisions for further enhancement of its position
- Utilise the complex processes underlining the development and manufacture of products as well as the creation and delivery of services
- Apply a balance between scientific research and business reality
- Evaluate complex investments, set and execute financial policies within an organization and enhance their negotiation skills
Management of Information Systems
Within the broad framework of organisations, their external context and management, you will be able to use knowledge to analyse, synthesise, and to evaluate cases in the following topic areas:
- The impact of contextual forces on organisations including legal systems; ethical, economic, environmental, social and technological change issues; international development; corporate governance and the policy issues and trends at a global, national and regional level that affect technology management
- The uses and limitations of a range of practical research methods/techniques, both qualitative and quantitative and an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses for providing information and evaluating risk and options in an uncertain organisational environment for the technology management process
- The development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact on organisations and the technological factors that drive success in innovation, processes, systems, and services.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.