MBA in Applied Management
Are you interested in advancing your career or possibly making a career move?
The MBA from Black Hills State University may be the perfect program for you. With a small student-to-teacher ratio and classes that are built with working professionals in mind, you will get the personalized education that most universities do not offer. The MBA program at Black Hills State University offers face-to-face classes that are taught at the University Center in Rapid City. This program requires that 36 credits be completed before graduation. These courses build a strong foundation of administrative skills that can be used to address future challenges and opportunities in the business world. These courses are taught by experienced faculty who have real-world experience and business connections that will help guide you to the next level in your career. The courses are taught in an experiential learning style that facilitates a better understanding of the curriculum. The capstone project for this program, allows you to practice the theories you have learned in a real business environment. BHSU’s MBA program also builds relationships with local businesses that can foster future career opportunities. If you are interested in transferring to Black Hills State University a total of six credits can be transferred from another accredited MBA program with approval from the MBA Coordinator. All organizations, public or private, need qualified management professionals. Earning your MBA in Applied Management allows you to acquire new skills and enhance your marketability in a competitive job market. Your MBA in Applied Management:
- Gives you the expertise you need to be a leader in your field, opening the door to a wide variety of employment opportunities.
- Maximizes your potential for success in our ever-changing economy.
- Allows you to form alliances within your cohort and with regional business owners and managers creating a valuable network of professional business contacts.
- Broadens your skills to help you advance in your current career or change course.
The MBA in Applied Management is designed to provide a personalized educational experience that meets the unique needs of the business community in western South Dakota. It recognizes the importance of face-to-face interactions for areas businesses and their employees to foster long-term relationships with BHSU faculty members. These associations will go beyond the typical teacher-learner relationship to strengthen the foundation for economic development partnerships in the Black Hills region.
- Law and Ethics
- Applied Management
- Applied Organizational Behavior
- Marketing: Establishing Presence and Demand
- Advanced Business Finance
- Linking Business to Global Markets
- Managerial Decision and Control
- Economics: Insights and Applications
- Using Technologies for Competitive Edge
- Strategic Planning: Mapping the Future
- Applied Management Science
- Capstone Experience: Theory to Practice Internship
- One of the following:
- B.S. in Business Administration or Management with a cumulative GPA > 3.0
- B.S. degree in a non-business field plus 18 credits of required prerequisite business courses (Listed Below):
- GMAT score recommended
- Official transcripts documenting Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from a supervisor in a professional work environment
- Detailed resume outlining education, professional work experience, and professional development
- Writing sample in the form of a personal essay responding to each of the following:
- Why have you decided to pursue the BHSU applied MBA?
- Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved the issue.
- Describe an innovative idea that you have put into practice, the challenges you faced and how it was accomplished.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 26, 2017