MBA in Accounting, Auditing, and Taxes
Accounting and auditing professions are dynamic, and they demand continuous training, professional education, and following of prevalent global trends. Because of the demanding nature of these fields, the Zagreb School of Economics and Management provides a solid foundation for anyone wishing to embark on a career in the fields of Accounting, Auditing or Tax Advising through this program.
This program enables students to acquire knowledge that will form the basis for further development and eventual acquisitions of relevant professional certifications in auditing, be it internal, external or forensic, or tax advising. This program tracks current trends in accounting and auditing practice and pays special attention to areas of accounting that are currently relevant, such as the detection of financial fraud within the forensic auditing and financial instruments accounting.
This program was designed for accountants, auditors, and tax professionals who wish to advance and continue their professional development in these areas, as well as for managers who wish to supplement their skills with those from these areas. For those that wish to improve their corporate governance and advance their fraud prevention efforts, this program provides an outstanding theoretical and practical foundation.
ZSEM’s MBA in Accounting, Auditing and Taxes last two semesters and is completed with the defense of a Graduate Thesis. Courses offered include Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting for Decision Making, Financial Fraud Detection, and many more. Students must also take two elective courses in the second semester of the program. Students will also be become familiarized with the Croatian tax system through the Direct Taxes in Croatia and Indirect Taxes in Croatia courses. As with other programs, ZSEM’s MBA in Accounting, Auditing and Taxes also includes the Business Ethics and CSR course, to provide students with an insight into moral dilemmas and how to solve them.
MBA in Accounting, Auditing and Taxes Curriculum
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Direct Taxes in Croatia
- Financial Statement Audit
- Financial Fraud Detection
- Indirect Taxes in Croatia
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Business Ethics and CSR
- Elective Course
- Elective Course
- Graduate Thesis
Tuition Fee Discounts
Students may obtain a reduction in tuition fee in the following cases:
- Payment in one installment to the ZSEM's gyro account: 5%
- Payment by a student loan: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate program 3,5 - 3,99: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate program 4,00 - 4,49: 10%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate 4,50 - 5: 15%
- Candidates with non-Croatian citizenship (without dual citizenship): 5%
- Candidates with a minimum of 5 or more years of work experience: 5% (to be proved by an official certificate).
A student may qualify for more than one tuition fee reduction, in which case they stack.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017