Transport and Infrastructure have been identified as important prerequisites to enhancing social and economic development. ESAMI is aware that without a critical mass of trained staff in the transport sector, its operational performance will remain poor, hence the introduction of MBA-TELM.
In addition to classroom sessions, the students will undertake a one to two weeks’ overseas tour as part of the program. They will be able to visit a number of transport and logistics enterprises and have the benefit of exchanging experiences with their counterparts.
The MBA-TELM courses are offered in the evenings from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm. These classes will run for two to three weeks every two to two and a half months.
The evening class MBA in Transport Economics and Logistics Management is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Mwanza, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati in Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique, and Mahe, Seychelles.
The total fees for the 2-year master's degree program are US$9,500. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programs must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- International recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- At least three years of work experience.
The Candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copy of the official transcript.
- Copies of O’ and A’ level certificates.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability.
- Passport size photo.
- A non-refundable processing fee of US$30.
All documents accompanying the application must be in English.
- BSG09310 Marketing Management for Transport
- BSG09113 Financial Accounting
- BSG09112 Corporate Management
- BSG09211 Global Corporate Strategy
- BSG09410 Research Methods
- BSG09114 Transport Policy & Planning
- BSG09115 Principles of Transport Economics
- BSG09212 Production & Inventory Control
- BSG09411 Transport Investment Analysis
- BSG09311 Transport Sector Reforms
- BSG09213 Transportation Management
- BSG09214 Environmental Management for Business
- BSG09312 Transport Safety Planning & Management
- BSG09313 ICT in Transport & Logistics
- BSG09412 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BSG09314 Logistics, International law, and International Trade Law
- BSG09413 Study Visit
- BSG09414 Master Thesis
About the School
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. ESAMI's head office is located in Arusha, Tanzania.