Transport and Infrastructure have been identified as important prerequisites for enhancing social and economic development. ESAMI is aware that without a critical mass of trained staff in the transport sector, its operational performance will remain poor, hence the introduction of MBA-TELM. In addition to classroom sessions, the students will undertake a two-week overseas tour as part of the program. They will be able to visit a number of transport and logistics enterprises and have the benefit of exchanging experiences with their counterparts.
The MBA-TELM courses are offered in the evenings from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm. These classes will run for two to three weeks in every two and a half to three months.
The evening class MBA in Transport Economics and Logistics Management is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Mwanza, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati in Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique, and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fees for the 2-year master's degree program is US$9,500. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programs must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
- Internationally recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations.
The candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of degree or professional certificate
- Certified copy of official transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US$30.
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
- GMG09101 General Management
- FAG09107 Financial Accounting
- MMG09315 Marketing Management
- BIG09210 Global Corporate Strategy
- RMG09419 Research Methods
Specialized TELM courses
- TPG09127 Transport Policy & Planning
- PTG09128 Principles of Transport Economics
- PIG09229 Production & Inventory Control
- TCG09430 Transport Costing, Pricing & Investment Appraisal
- TSG09331 Transport Sector Reforms
- TMG09232 Transportation Management
- GLG09333 Green Logistics
- RTG09334 Road and Transport Safety Planning & Management
- ITG09335 ICT in Transport & Logistics
- LSG09436 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- SVG09437 Study Visit