Strategic Management in Tourism – professional Master’s study programme
- 50% of students come from countries which up to now you have introduced only by map. Now you have an opportunity to get acquainted with people, culture and understanding of these countries!
- There have been around 1 billion international travels in year 2014
Professional master's study programme Strategic Management in Tourism has obtained the prestigious UNWTO – UN World Tourism Organization TedQual accreditation to the maximum possible term – four years, till Year 2018.
PROGRAMME IS ACCREDITED till Year 2019, TedQual certificate.
DEGREE: Professional Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
QUALIFICATION: Manager of enterprises and institutions
DURATION OF STUDIES: 2 Academic Years
STUDY PROGRAMME: in English or Latvian
Studies in Strategic Tourism management prepare students for work around the world. It is a great opportunity for students who see their career in international environment.
- acquired knowledge on world tourism market will help you effectively manage tourism and hospitality company both in Latvia and abroad;
- if you are interested in research and you want to realize trends of tourism development, find the best way for developing tourism product, you can work as tourism development and research project manager;
- when working as tourism expert in municipalities and tourism information centres, you can promote tourism development in regions of Latvia. The work area of tourism field is very wide and is waiting for such young specialists as you!
TRAINEESHIP in Latvian or foreign tourism and hospitality companies in the 1st academic year (full time studies) or 1st and 2nd academic year (part time studies) depending on the mode of studies.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
- In the 1st Academic Year students acquire methods and regularities of tourism strategic management, planning and projecting. You will be introduced with international tourism environment and the current trends of it. One of the course objectives will be to carry out research papers in tourism planning and marketing. During study trips you will visit tourism destinations; you will be introduced with successful experiences in tourism industry in international level and meet professionals of the field.
- In the 2nd Academic Year theoretical knowledge will be strengthened in practice in tourism and hospitality companies. You will carry out creative and independent researches integrating knowledge of various areas and solving topical problems of the industry and companies. By using knowledge acquired in the previous courses and experience gained during pre-master practice, you will develop master thesis.
CONTENT OF THE STUDY PROGRAMME
1st Academic Year
- International tourism environment
- Strategic planning of tourism
- Crisis management in tourism
- Finance management
- Organizational communication
- Strategic and change management
- Legal regulations of tourism
- Tourism marketing strategy
Optional courses of study
- Management and development of human resources
- Economics theory
- Sustainable development and tourism
- Business activities in tourism
- Commercial law
- Quality management
- Process optimization in tourism
- Methodology of tourism research
- Management of hotel systems
2nd Academic Year
- Pre-master traineeship
- State examination – Master thesis
Content of the study programme during studies can be updated and changed on the base of labour market requirements and regulations of the Minister Cabinet *.
Content of the study programmes may differ on the base of study mode **.
This school offers programs in: