The MBA program is designed to produce transformational and ethical leadership for businesses and industry through an integrated curriculum and experiential learning and prepares graduates for business challenges emerging from globalization, connectivity and technology-driven innovations. The program is designed to produce a skilled pool of business leaders possessing a solid set of multidisciplinary expertise.
A distinguishing feature of the feature of the program is the academic ecosystem of experiential learning which immerses the student in a cycle of “learning by doing” through reflection. Case studies and project work are among the pedagogies used for delivery of the curriculum content. A significant value adding the feature of the CBM MBA is the 6 credit hours of a Graduate Capstone Project divided into two 3 credit hour components. Students undertake, individually or in small groups, a real-life project with a company that addresses a real-life issue which, through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge and skills acquired during the MBA studies, helps in more profitable and competitive decision making and implementation in the organization. This project is jointly supervised by a faculty member with aligned skills and interest and an industry mentor and is evaluated in an open exhibition by executives and faculty.
The standard MBA program is a 72 credit hours program that most students can complete in two years. It is designed for students having a minimum of 16 years of education with degrees in a wide range of disciplines such as business, commerce, engineering, law, science, medicine, arts, and pharmacy.
The program is divided into a foundation stage of 36 credit hours followed by the 36-credit hours of rigorous MBA level courses and a project dealing with strategy and business transformation. The foundation stage covers areas such as accounting, finance, marketing, economics and management and consists of preparatory coursework necessary for the higher level MBA courses. MBA stage refers to the HEC compliant MS/MBA program requirements.
There are a weekend version and an evening version of the standard MBA Program for students with 16 years education.
There are two strands of the standard MBA program; MBA Program with specializations and Specialized MBA programs.
MBA Program with Specializations
MBA Program with specializations allows the students to specialize in majors such as Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Development Studies. Credit hour requirements for this program may vary in accordance with the duration of the previous qualification and the amount of relevant foundational background for the MBA stage:
- MBA Program for applicants with 14 years education is 108 credit hours. It consists of a foundational stage of minimum 2 years and consists of 72 credit hours followed by 36 credit hours of rigorous MBA level courses. Students completing the 2-year foundational stage are eligible for a Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) degree. There is also a weekend version and an evening version of the MBA Program for students with 14 years education.
- MBA Program for applicants with a 4-year bachelor degree from IoBM in business-related disciplines such as BBA (Honors), BS Joint (Honors), BS (Honors) Accountancy, Management & Law are exempted from the foundational stage, and their MBA program is of 36 credit hours.
- MBA Program for applicants with 4-years bachelors degree from IoBM in non-business disciplines are exempted from up to 6 equivalent courses of the foundational stage done at IoBM.
Specialized MBA Programs
Specialized MBA Programs are all of 72 credit hours and share the structural guidelines of the standard MBA program with coverage of the foundational courses in the areas such as Economics, Quantitative, Communication, Research, Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting etc and retain the emphasis on strategy core courses at the MBA level. The specialized MBA Programs include:
- MBA Educational Management for 14 years education
- MBA Educational Management for 16 years education
- MBA Media Management
- MBA Industrial Management
- MBA Environment and Energy Management
- MBA Finance and Risk Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA Health and Hospital Management