Fulfilment in business
Our Bristol MBA prepares managers for the changing demands of the global market and the increasing challenges of contemporary business. You will gain practical insight into the key issues facing organisations today and investigate key methodologies relevant to the real world.
We'll encourage you to think about business in a responsible way, creating sustainable value for business and society at large, and contributing to a healthy economy.
An MBA helps you towards better prospects, salaries, and ultimately, further fulfilment in business. Our MBA is rooted in the real world of business and has been carefully designed to give you a practical insight into the key issues facing organisations today in all parts of the world.
This course can have a profound impact on your career, helping you exceed your potential, and prepare you for the challenges ahead. Our well-established international links help transform Bristol MBA students into effective business leaders with a global outlook.
People choose to study for an MBA for different reasons and with different outcomes in mind. Our course is vocationally focused, allowing you to tailor your studies to develop areas of knowledge relevant to your career plan, meet your particular goals, and shape your business future.
Whatever you want to get out of the course, it's going to be demanding and challenging - dedication, energy and enthusiasm are a prerequisite.
The optional modules listed are those that are most likely to be available, but they may be subject to change.
The Bristol MBA will serve you well in your day-to-day business as well as giving you a passport to a higher-flying career.
You will study:
- Customer and International Market Analysis
- Strategy and Implementation
- Managing People in a Global Context
- Leadership, Complexity and Change
- Financial Decision Making
- Systems, Structures and Operations
- Professional and Academic Development Integrating the MBA Learning Experience
- Conducting Evidence-Based Research
Plus optional modules from (the number depending on credit requirements):
- Global Financial Strategy
- Risk and Sustainability in Global Operations
- Project Management in a Complex World
- Creativity and Innovation
- Management Consultancy
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Globalisation and the Law
- Digital Business Information Systems
- Emerging Markets: The New World Order
After these are completed, you will study:
- Executive Dissertation/Consultancy Dissertation
You can choose to work on a research project that fits with your interests and ambitions. Alternatively, you can undertake a consultancy research project addressing the needs of a client, putting your skills and adaptability to the test.
In addition, the Professional and Academic Development Integrating the MBA Learning Experience Research module will support you throughout the course, developing your personal and research skills, according to your particular needs.
The University continually enhances our offer by responding to feedback from our students and other stakeholders, ensuring the curriculum is kept up to date and our graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need for the real world. This may result in changes to the course. If changes to your course are approved we will inform you.
Learning and Teaching
The Bristol MBA is a proactive learning experience so while there are some classroom and one-to-one sessions, these are combined with individual research projects and applied study. Our approach is hands-on and practical, focused on developing tangible personal and professional skills.
An important part of the course is the Integrated Professional Skills and Research Methods module. This is woven throughout the programme, connecting the various elements together. Integrated Professional Skills and Research Methods focuses on personal development planning, reflective learning and creating a portfolio. You are encouraged to devise a tailored programme of study that aligns with your professional and personal circumstances.
Collaboration is right at the heart of everything we do, with staff and students sharing knowledge and experience of their business worlds. Bristol MBA students learn through syndicate work, group and individual presentations, student-led seminar groups, case studies, experiential learning, role play and business simulations.
Assessment for the Bristol MBA is by a mixture of work-based assignments (supervised mini-projects), examinations, presentations/vivas and your dissertation.
You will need:
- an honours degree (minimum 2:2) from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent from a recognised overseas institution
- 18 months' post-graduation organisational experience.
If you do not have an honours degree, professional qualifications combined with managerial experience may be sufficient, so please give full details in your application.
Your application should include detailed responses to the questions listed below:
- Why have you decided to undertake an MBA at this point in your career? (150 words maximum).
- Why have you chosen to study an MBA at UWE Bristol? (150 words maximum).
- What knowledge, personal qualities and skills would you bring to this course? (150 words maximum).
- What do you intend to do after you have completed this course? (150 words maximum).
- Please describe your past experience within organisations, including paid work, voluntary work, family business, entrepreneur projects, etc. In particular, please focus on projects where you have collaborated with other people or institutions or organisations (300 words maximum).
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you will be required to meet the Home Office and UWE Bristol's minimum English Language requirements, such as the International English Language Test (IELTS) 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all components.
Careers / Further study
The Bristol MBA course will help you move your career forward, providing you with the relevant skills, experience and networks to become a leader in your chosen field of business.
Our award-winning careers service helps you develop your employment potential through career coaching, a vacancy service for internships, placements, jobs, global opportunities, volunteering and community activity plus support for entrepreneurial activity, and access to employer events.
About the School
UWE Bristol is a University Alliance university with a common mission to make the difference to our cities and regions. We use our experience of providing high-quality teaching and research with real- ... Read More