Business Administration (MBA)
• The force that drives UM-Flint’s MBA program is team-based project work, an approach to learning that draws directly from today’s most successful business approaches to innovation, implementation, risk management, decision-making, and more.
• UM-Flint’s MBA program allows you to develop more in-depth competency in specialized areas through concentrations in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Health Care Management, International Business, Lean Manufacturing, and Marketing.
• Like all University of Michigan faculty, UM-Flint’s MBA instructors are true “leaders and best” – experienced, tested, and respected experts in their field.
• The UM-Flint MBA is offered in two delivery modes to fit your lifestyle:
1. Traditional MBA: on-campus, 20- to 32-month program with classes in the evening
2. NetPlus! MBA: mixed-mode, 15- to 24-month program that blends online coursework with on-campus sessions every six weeks
• Dual degree programs available:
- MBA/MS in Computer Science and Information Systems
- MBA/MA in Social Sciences
- MBA/MS in Manufacturing Operations (with Kettering University)
• Customized program plans allow you to complete the program at your desired pace.
Traditional MBA (20-32 Months)
The Traditional MBA program is geared toward working professionals by offering classes in the evening on the UM-Flint campus. Small class sizes greatly enhance your peer interactions and faculty consultations. The group experience encourages you to develop a lifelong professional network.
Students typically enroll in two courses in the fall and winter terms, and one course in the spring or summer term. You may pursue the Traditional MBA program on a full-time basis by taking three courses (nine credit hours) in the fall and winter terms.
NetPlus! MBA (15-24 Months)
The NetPlus! MBA program is an innovative mixed-mode program that blends the personal interaction of traditional classroom activities with the anytime, anywhere convenience of modern online learning. It is designed to make the UM-Flint MBA program conveniently accessible to busy professionals from a wide geographic area. This program will not only provide you with the management knowledge needed to succeed, but will also give you a technological edge in a competitive marketplace. In an increasingly global marketplace, the communication and technical skills developed in a distance learning program are invaluable.
Weekend classroom sessions (Fri-Sat), held every six weeks on campus, enhance the quality of the learning experience and give you the opportunity to make global business contacts. Students typically enroll in two courses in the fall, winter, spring, and summer terms (12-week terms).
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International–The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Member institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review system. AACSB accreditation is considered to be the hallmark of excellence in management education.
Admission to the MBA program is open to qualified graduates with a bachelor’s degree in the arts, sciences, engineering, or business administration from an accredited college or university.
Admission is based on criteria that have been shown to predict success in graduate business programs, including prior academic performance, Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results,and work experience.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 12, 2017