'The International Full Time and Part Time MBA for Ambitious International Minded MBA Students'
The Wittenborg Master of Business Administration is an MBA degree primarily aimed at Bachelor students with a non-business administration bachelor's degree, who have had 3 years of experience working in companies and organisations in a role that manages people or processes, or both. Candidates for the MBA will speak good English and have worked in an international environment.
The Wittenborg MBA degree programme is aimed at providing graduates with the skills and competencies to fulfil management positions in the field of business administration, both in the public and private sector. These positions can include management or policy-making positions in large organisations, as well as positions of management in small to medium-sized companies (SMEs). An aim is that students are able to critically analyse and evaluate various developments within an organisation so that they can form, create and instigate policies, visions and aims and solutions within that organisation. They should be in a position to analyse the strategic processes and vision of a company or organisation and use this analysis apply and implement tools to innovate, optimise and (re-)structure these processes using an integral approach. From an international perspective the students should learn to analyse the environment they find themselves in and adapt their behaviour and role according to the macro and micro environments they find themselves in.
The admission requirements (criteria) for the MBA are as follows:
- a Bachelor degree or equivalent recognised qualification
- Applicants are requested to provide an academic reference from their previous education institute
- It is not necessary to have obtained a Bachelor degree from the domain of Business Administration, however in their degree students must have completed an academic piece of work (final project or dissertation) that shows a degree of academic writing and research experience
- a minimum of 3 years professional experience (after undergraduate degree)
- 5 years professional experience preferred
- Applicants are requested to provide a reference from a company or organisation where they have worked
English Language Requirements
IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL Equivalent.
There is no specific selection procedure for students wishing to enter the MBA, however, non-EU (visa) students are “screened” according to their background, in order for the institute to be able to guarantee their immigration status.
The screening comprises of an interview, collection and correlation of all IND required documents, including proof of sufficient funds, taking into account any scholarships provided by Wittenborg (Orange Tulip Scholarship, for instance) or by third parties (NUFFIC, EU, etc).
MBA Enhancing Your Career!
MBA graduates are often fast-tracked into senior management positions and this MBA programme has been designed for those who wish to pursue senior management positions or as preparation for further study in business, such as a DBA, or a PhD.
The MBA will further the careers of
- Dutch or other EU graduates who are working in an organisation, managing people or processes, and are looking to improve their career opportunities within their current employment position. These students are supported by their employer and can study the programme part-time;
- Dutch, or other EU graduates who have been working in an organisation, managing people or processes, and are looking for a full-time MBA programme that will increase their employability chances in an international market;
- International graduates in the Netherlands, who have a completed a Bachelor degree and have worked in an organisation with responsibility managing people or processes, who are looking to improve their career opportunities, either at their current employer or in the search for a new opportunity;
- International students worldwide, from business or non-business fields, with a proven number of years managing people or processes within an organisation. These students are looking for an English-taught, internationally orientated MBA programme that can allow them to improve their career prospects in the job market either at home or in the Netherlands, either at their current employer or at a new organisation, and possibly continue their studies at a higher level.