Our program uses an experiential learning approach to bring real business challenges into the classroom so that you can practice the skills you need to make an impact in your organization. Harmon’s MBA curriculum includes corporate management best practices as well as practical skills including quantitative analysis, effective communication, leadership, and teamwork. Our MBA program focuses on strategic and fact-based decision making skill development. The MBA program prepares students to assume positions of leadership and responsibility. The University of Central Missouri offers an outstanding MBA program designed with your career goals in mind.
Flexibility, affordability, and convenience make our MBA program stand out.
- 33 credit hours are required for UCM’s AACSB-accredited program. The program may be completed on a full time (1-year) or part-time basis to meet your needs
- Approximate $15,000 total tuition and fees, making it one of the most affordable MBAs in the region! Scholarships and financial aid are available.
- 6 start dates throughout the year, making it one of the most flexible MBA programs in the Kansas City metro. Get started when you're ready! Semester start dates are as follows:
- January 8, 2018
- March 5, 2018
- May 14, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- August 13, 2018
Marketing MBA Program Details
Courses in the Marketing concentration area are offered in two locations:
- Warrensburg, MO main campus
The Marketing MBA Program consists of 3 components:
|Required Foundations (3 Hours)||Hours|
|BADM 5400 MBA Knowledge Foundations||3|
|Required Core MBA Courses (12 Hours)|
|ACCT 5105 Accounting for Managers||2|
|CIS 5605 Information Management Systems||2|
|ECON 5005 Economic Analysis for Business Decisions||2|
|FIN 5805 Short-Term Financial Management||2|
|MGT 5355 Management and Strategy||2|
|MKT 5410 Marketing Research Design||2|
|Marketing Area of Emphasis|
|Required Courses (Offered 1x per year per location)|
|MKT 5400 Marketing Theory||3|
|MKT 5405 Strategic Marketing||3|
|MKT 5480 Inbound Marketing Strategy||3|
|*Select 6 hours of electives from the MKT prefix.|
|Graduate Electives** (specific courses vary by location)||3|
|**Select 3 hours of electives at the 5000 or 6000 level from the following prefixes: ACCT, BADM, BLAW, CIS, ECON, FIN, MGT, MKT, or PR. All Electives require pre-approval of the graduate program adviser.|
|Minimum Total Hours||33|
Why should you Choose Red for your MBA?
- UCM is ranked #21 Best Public Schools in the Midwest by US News and World Report
- UCM is ranked #3 most military-friendly public university greater than 10,000 students by Victory Media
- According to a 2017 report from AACSB, MBA graduates often earn more than $100,000 per year
To be admitted to the MBA program, candidates must have a qualifying score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (or Graduate Record Exam), a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA, and a minimum admission score calculated as a combination of the undergraduate GPA and GMAT score.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA Required: 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum GMAT Score Required: 450
- Minimum Admission Score: 1,050
The admission score is calculated as (200 x GPA) + GMAT score.
- For applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, the required minimum GMAT score is 450.
- For applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.50, the required minimum GMAT score is 550.
The GMAT test description, expense, testing locations and registration dates are available from the GMAT website. In lieu of a GMAT score, a predicted GMAT score computed from GRE Verbal and Quantitative scores can be used. The Writing component is not necessary.
Note: A GMAT waiver may be considered for an applicant who meets one of the following criteria:
- The applicant is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma honor society.
- The applicant has received an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited institution, with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5. This waiver is based solely on the undergraduate GPA.
- The applicant has earned a Masters degree from an institution that is AACSB accredited, even if the Master's degree is not in business.
- The applicant has a minimum of 3 years of work experience with increasing verifiable responsibilities that include a substantial analytical component. The applicant will be required to submit 3 letters of professional reference from supervisors and at least 3 pieces of evidence of analytical work.
To apply, use the online application for admission to Graduate Studies and specify Master of Business Administration as the desired program.
International applicants must meet additional requirements for admission to the university.
- Rolling admission until three weeks before the semester begins
- Students admitted on a first come, first served basis until capacity is reached
- April 1 for fall (August) entry
- October 1 for spring (January) entry
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 11, 2018